diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Very nice day 215.72k sick increase! Up by 48% from friday beating OD by 14.5%!

Ps are very healthy, looking at a big jump on saturday.

347k PS going in to the weekend.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 4

CGV start 96k up 159.5% from yesterday. not up as much as JWD was (208%) still walk ups should be great once more.

Today had great walk ups again (59k), should do atleast double that on saturday => 118k + 96k = 214k. I am thinking it will do a tad bit better and reach 228k, this should be good for 525k tomorrow or a 143% increase. So yeah 490k - 560k ($4.2m -$4.8m) is the range.

Sat + Sun has a chance to reach over 1m admission and monday has a good shot at being over thursday, first monday going over OD might be at play.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 6

53 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Amazing start but kind of pity that TGM won’t have any holiday in its run to charge further. 

Definitely not an amazing start. I would say start is good to very good 1.5 to 1.6M OW admissions. Key is next week's hold, if it can increase then we're in line for 10M admissions. Remember Thor is coming in 2 weeks which will hurt TGM, to what extent no one knows right now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Definitely not an amazing start. I would say start is good to very good 1.5 to 1.6M OW admissions. Key is next week's hold, if it can increase then we're in line for 10M admissions. Remember Thor is coming in 2 weeks which will hurt TGM, to what extent no one knows right now.

Tbh, I don't think we will see a increase next weekend. Even 5 days weekend in UK can't stop its 2nd weekend from slipping 8%.  

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Tbh, I don't think we will see a increase next weekend. Even 5 days weekend in UK can't stop its 2nd weekend from slipping 8%.  

Mhm I don't know, it really does have chance with it's friday and sat bump.

Lets say it does 500k on sat (might be a bit lower, could go higher as well), than it drops 460k on sunday (has been doing better than roundup so far so sunday drop will likely be less than 10%, might even be something like 5%). Given a 460k sunday we expect it to drop 65% on monday meaning a 161k, that's 10% bigger than it's thursday, having the same drops as Roundup it gets to a 116k thursday down 20% on thursday, second weekend friday and sat bumps are higher than during OW so this should secure a 14% drop. Now this is all based on TGM following RU, it has beaten RU almost everyday (Thursday drop was same, friday jump alot higher, sat jump seems to be going quite a bit higher as wel). And the bigger factor is RU had a 1m sat so not much room to grow where as TGM start off much lower so it's easier to hold steady.  With the current info I would say it's a 50-50 on increasing next weekend. Tuesday drop will be important though.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

You can't compare SK with UK. SK when it comes to WOM monster can and usually increase second weekend and if they don't then drops are usually miniscule for weeks. Roundup is perfect example of this, it's presales hovered around 300 to 400K compared to DS2 with over 1M yet former has already doubled DS2 with still plenty left in the tank. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, druv10 said:

You can't compare SK with UK. SK when it comes to WOM monster can and usually increase second weekend and if they don't then drops are usually miniscule for weeks. Roundup is perfect example of this, it's presales hovered around 300 to 400K compared to DS2 with over 1M yet former has already doubled DS2 with still plenty left in the tank. 

Most of the wom mega hit like Frozen, Aladdin, BR, has relatively small opening base to increase on 2nd weekend. TGM is now looking at around 1.6m opening 5-days, which is actually quite a big base number to ask for a increase. I think only Interstellar can pull off an increase at that high level of opening.  

• Like 1

South Korea Weekend Record holder (admission)

Opening weekend--Avengers:Endgame (4.14m)

Second Weekend--The Admiral:Roaring Current (2.8m)

Third Weekend--The Admiral:Roaring Current (2m)

4th Weekend--Frozen (1.17m)

5th Weekend--Aladdin(0.95m)

6th Weekend--Aladdin (0.915m)

7th Weekend--Aladdin (0.6m)

Let's see can TGM shatters SKR any individual Weekend record.

6 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Most of the wom mega hit like Frozen, Aladdin, BR, has relatively small opening base to increase on 2nd weekend. TGM is now looking at around 1.6m opening 5-days, which is actually quite a big base number to ask for a increase. I think only Interstellar can pull off an increase at that high level of opening.  

And we need 2nd weekend increase why?

6 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Interstellar Open with 1.6m too,Overall It's break 10m mark

Just want to ask to anyone who familiar with cgv, if a movie with TGM WOM should have better walkup later in the day/evening compare to now ?

If it has the same pace like now it will only lead to 450-475k...

Edited by RJ-195
  • Like 1

I took a quick look at CGV, it's at 162k at 4.20pm, should do around 210k from here on out. Translating to 482k, so looking at a 128% increase over friday. This is quite a bit lower than JWD (156.3%) but also lot higher than Roundup that had an increase of 94.2%. So far TGM has been out preforming Roundup in holds on a daily bases, let's keep it that way tomorrow. I also think the increased walkups day over day are slowing down at this point, something to keep in mind when estimating next days gross based on cgv.

So it's looking like 470k-500k, my guess would be 485k. Very good jump, just not Family movie good.

• Like 4

Evening was a tad bit slower than expected, ended the day with 472.3k up 118.5% from yesterday. A much bigger jump than for example Roundup (jumped 94.2%), but not on par with a family movie like JWD that jumped over 150%.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Evening was a tad bit slower than expected, ended the day with 465,6k up 115% from yesterday. A much bigger jump than for example Roundup (jumped 94.2%), but not on par with a family movie like JWD that jumped over 150%.

Predictions for its final total gross in SK?

Edited by LegendaryBen

Great CGV start today: it's at 91k, yesterday it was at 96k so it's down 5.3%. With today doing 472.3k, sunday should do something between 435k - 450k (down 4-8%) let's go with 442k for now. Meaning TGM would open to 1.525m amdission (including 64.7k previews);

3 hours ago, LegendaryBen said:

Predictions for its final total gross in SK?

Impossible to say at the moment. We will have a better idea when we see second and third weekend drop. For now a 3x multi is locked so we should atleast do 4.6m. I think it's safe to say 6m wil most likely happen, any higher than that will depend on next weeks holds. As in so far we have seen signs that it will hold very well, we need a second weekend drop to see if a 5-6-7 multi is possible.  For a 7 multi it would need a increase next weekend for example (or flat hold).

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1