Taylor

Weekend Estimates: #1-TED 54.1m; #2-MM 39.16m; #3-BRAVE 34m; #4-MADEA 26.35m; #5- MAD3 11.82m

They released it here this weekend and bombed because everyone already download it. I will see it during this week, I hope.

Ahh Im sorry for the spoiler.21 jump street is my fav movie of the year lol Edited by Dragon

Are they like guilty pleasures to you? Have you seen any of them on stage?

None on stage, and not guilty pleasures. Madea makes me laugh and her message is a good one. She would raise kids the way they should be raised, imo.
  • Like 1

To think a few weeks ago most people around here were largely expecting those two to be the breakouts and ignoring MM and Ted. :rofl:

I've been calling a breakout for Ted since the first trailer. Never thought it'd be 50m OW big though.

None on stage, and not guilty pleasures. Madea makes me laugh and her message is a good one. She would raise kids the way they should be raised, imo.

Good for you. The whole concept of "guilty pleasure" is absurd, and it hinges of caring too much about what others think of you. It's really asking others for forgiveness for liking something that nobody else likes (or admits to liking).

Do you love and thoroughly enjoy a film that is perceived as "bad," like, say, Twilight, or Transformers 2 or Spider-Man 3? Call them guilty pleasures and nobody will think badly of you! Do you jam and shake your booty to music that is considered "crappy," say, Debbie Gibson or The Black Eyed Peas or Justin Bieber? Call it a guilty pleasure and you will still be cool and nobody will give you hell for liking and enjoying the things you like and enjoy! Viva la self determination!

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 3

Good for you. The whole concept of "guilty pleasure" is absurd, and it hinges of caring too much about what others think of you. Do you love and thoroughly enjoy a film that is perceived as "bad," like, say, Twilight, or Transformers 2 or Spider-Man 3? Call them guilty pleasures and nobody will think badly of you! Do you jam and shake your booty to music that is considered "crappy," say, Debbie Gibson or The Black Eyed Peas or Justin Bieber? Call it a guilty pleasure and you will still be cool and nobody will give you hell for liking and enjoying the things you like and enjoy! Viva la self determination!

Some things can be guilty pleasures, like Nutella without bread. It's not good for you, but it's so good.

I approve of the term Guilty pleasure. I have plenty and I think almost everyone does.

Of course everyone does. I am not saying that it's a terrible thing, but let's call a spade a spade. People came up with that term because they care too much about what others think of them. Nobody should feel guilty about what gives them pleasure, period. If you enjoy Justin Bieber's music or Twilight films, you should not have to explain it or justify it, but since they are things that conventional wisdom considers 'bad,' people slap the 'guilty pleasure' label on them. It's like "Look, I know this is horrible and crappy--because everyone says so---but I still like it. I am a cool person still, ok? I swear! It's not that I enjoy it honestly and fully....it's a guilty pleasure" Please. Edited by cochofles
  • Like 1

Of course everyone does. I am not saying that it's a terrible thing, but let's call a spade a spade. People came up with that term because they care too much about what others think of them. Nobody should feel guilty about what gives them pleasure, period. If you enjoy Justin Bieber's music or Twilight films, you should not have to explain it or justify it, but since they are things that conventional wisdom considers 'bad,' people slap the 'guilty pleasure' label on them. It's like "Look, I know this is horrible and crappy--because everyone says so---but I still like it. I am a cool person still, ok? I swear! It's not that I enjoy it honestly and fully....it's a guilty pleasure" Please.

A guilty pleasure is something you enjoy honestly and fully though, just that you'd be kind of embarrassed to admit it.

I approve of the term Guilty pleasure. I have plenty and I think almost everyone does.

Yeah, I have lots of them. Edited by CJohn

A guilty pleasure is something you enjoy honestly and fully though, just that you'd be kind of embarrassed to admit it.

Then you are not enjoying it fully and honestly because you are lying about it and using these stupid little disclaimers (it's a guilty pleasure) to justify that you enjoy them.