19 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Hanna

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Good parts are Whatshername who played Hanna, Eric Bana and that cool fight scene he gets to do and the Chemical Brothers score. Bad things are the story, the pacing, every other character in the film. Special mention goes to Cate Blanchett and the worst performance of her career.

The movie didn't know what it wanted to be. I still don't know what the incessant brushing of teeth meant. So many plot holes. She could use a computer instantly but was afraid of the TV. She traveled with this wacked out family that I could care less about, when they were held hostage in shipping containers, I didn't feel any suspense. An unnecessary boy kissing scene ... this is an 'R' rated film, the 12-year old girl crap can stay out.Then the stereotypical german thug with the boots and bomber jackets was laughable. The Elton John assassin was off the wall. The psycho carnival out of a Clockwork Orange type flick.It was a growth film mixed with a bourne film mixed with Elton John, a father trying to connect to an emotionless daughter, some weird stuff going on with blanchette like the motherly love thing.Tried to be to many things and only skimmed along the surface of different genres.F

• Like 1

Got this on Blu-Ray for Christmas, watched it tonight. The second viewing held up just as good for me as when I saw it in theaters. I think it's mesmerizing. It drags a little in the middle and there are some plot holes but it doesn't take away for me- I love this film's style. It definitely remains one of my favorites from this year."Hanna, what did your mum die from?""Three bullets". :lol:

Edited by rockNrollaDIM

I'm not going to deny - the movie is messy and has a lot of plot holes. But on the other hand: Saoirse Ronan.

I'll give it a B+. Some fights were good, some not so much. The directing was poor. The camera work was poor. The locations were good - only at the beginning.

Would've been a masterpiece wih Cuaron directing it. Rumors say he gained interest in it just a few weeks before Wright signed on

One of those rare films where I couldn't care less about plot holes (and I'm usually pretty nitpicky about those). A great riff on a classic fairy tale done as a spy action movie. Beautifully shot and scored, with great performances. I also liked it a lot more than any of Wright's literary adaptations.

• Like 2