Shawn Robbins

Monday (7/2/12) Numbers: TED @ $8.8m, BRAVE @ $5.5m, MIKE @ $5.025m

ShawnMR is hater, who wants to see TASM go down in flames. -_-

LOL I know you're kidding. It won't go down in flames but it won't be a record breaker either. It will do well enough to spawn TASM 2. So no crash and burns and nothing spectacular the other way.

Here's a question. When did Sony first report midnights for MIB3? That might give us an idea of the timeline for Spidey.

Avengers had tons of sellout reports the night before. ;)Different studio, too. Disney is famously one of the last studios to report numbers.

Not sure when they were initially reported, but THR had a public story on it around 9:23am Pacific.

MIB3 also wasn't a "midnight film". Given Spidey's fan base, it should be a little more important I would think.I'm just going with my gut on the sub-$5m. I really don't know, midnights on non-Friday openers are shots in the dark unless its a sure-fire hit like Potter/Twilight. IMAX will no doubt help out the figure given that's where most of the sellouts occurred (from my observations).

Men In Black 3 only got a report of their midnight showings at 12pm EST (1pm for me):
So regardless if Disney is famous for been late, Sony has a history this year too. I don't see this at sub $5m, but hey, I can't wait. :D Edited by iJackSparrow

• Founder / Operator

For whatever its worth:

Transformers 3

MTC: $138m 6-day

RS: $174m 6-day

Actual: $180.7m 6-day

So there's clearly hope for anyone rooting for TASM to beat tracking, and this is probably a little more relevant comparison than Avengers (mainly because of the non-Friday/holiday release period).

Men In Black 3 only got a report of their midnight showings at 12am:So regardless if Disney is famous for been late, Sony has a history this year too. I don't see this at sub $5m, but hey, I can't wait. :D

Are you still sticking with your 20m midnights? :D

No, but I'm hoping for a huge Tuesday. :lol:

Already changing your prediction? What will you say if Tuesday disappoints? Edited by CJohn

I thought that it could go from anywhere between $15m-$20m midnights.I'm hoping for a $10m+ now, happy with a $8m though.

Come on Jack, when it comes in that it only made $5m, you will still be posting your little happy faces and talk about how great a number it is. Edited by rallax
  • Like 3

Well it is official.

Amazing Spiderman earns only $4.7 million for midnights in 2700 locations.

Fake is saying that it only made $4.7m on The Amazing Spider-Man thread.

Come on Jack, when it comes in that it only made $5m, you will still be posting your little happy faces and talk about how great a number it is.

Are you expecting me to cry? :lol: