Shawn Robbins

Monday (7/2/12) Numbers: TED @ $8.8m, BRAVE @ $5.5m, MIKE @ $5.025m

Now that I can't argue with either. I think its pretty clear at this point that it didn't get very close to SM3's $10m midnight number, otherwise it would have been reported by now.

Personally, I'm still thinking it will be sub-$5 million. Maybe $6m due to IMAX, but I doubt it.

Under 5M would be embarrassing. SM3 today would have done close to 20M.

• Founder / Operator

Here's a question. When did Sony first report midnights for MIB3? That might give us an idea of the timeline for Spidey.

Not sure when they were initially reported, but THR had a public story on it around 9:23am Pacific. Edited by ShawnMR

• Founder / Operator

MIB3 also wasn't a "midnight film". Given Spidey's fan base, it should be a little more important I would think.I'm just going with my gut on the sub-$5m. I really don't know, midnights on non-Friday openers are shots in the dark unless its a sure-fire hit like Potter/Twilight. IMAX will no doubt help out the figure given that's where most of the sellouts occurred (from my observations).

I've been saying 4.5 midnights for the last few days. Whether it's a successful movie or not, it won't be front loaded, guaranteed. Great number for MM. Curious to see where Ted lands.

Magic Mike had a great hold. All that shows me is that Friday was super duper inflated due to the "must see" on the first day. That resulted in that monumental drop off for Saturday. Now it has seemed to adjust itself and settle in nicely. Very good.

• Founder / Operator

I can see it being back-loaded if there is more general audience interest than its given credit for. Maybe it pulls a TF3, maybe it doesn't. MTC would have to set a new record for itself for being off THAT much.

I can see it being back-loaded if there is more general audience interest than its given credit for. Maybe it pulls a TF3, maybe it doesn't. MTC would have to set a new record for itself for being off THAT much.

They were off 50m for Avengers.