Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

So its just one company and they still didn't sell many?Like I said earlier, the chains that charge premiums for midnights very likely negate any outlying theaters offering bargain prices (especially if not many bought the cheaper tickets as that poster mentions). We'd need to actually hear about big chains doing the same thing in order to consider TASM's gross deflated. Otherwise, its a non-issue.

Well I guess yeah to prove your overall point. But you said you never heard of it and wanted some evidence. So there it is.I

Calling people losers, sluts, morons, nitwits, et al doesn't help the case though, lol.

I'll agree with that, if you could look the other side too. I know what kayu endured here. You gave your "why people keep talking so much about things they hate" speech and I'll join the chorus in every note, but it seems that you're just judging one side of this conversation. But it's alright, I'm having a blast reading kayu's posts. :lol:

• Founder / Operator

Oh I agree. I just wanted to show Shawn that there were theaters selling discount tickets since he said there were not. He wanted proof so I gave it to him.

Well I guess yeah to prove your overall point. But you said you never heard of it and wanted some evidence. So there it is.I

I didn't deny it that had it happened on an outlier basis, I just simply pointed out that its not a normal phenomenon and its never been mentioned (as far as I'm aware). One or two people here earlier were acting as if it was something that happened around the country and deflated the gross. Obviously until we get some kind of more meaningful evidence, that's not really true. Especially considering that the person reporting that $5 ticket said people still weren't buying tickets after they lowered their price... Edited by ShawnMR

GUYS!! Read this!! GOLD!!!

http://gawker.com/53...d-david-remnick

Our beloved Nikki is just behaving as usual: in an epic way.

I think my favorite bits are the way she describes the reporter who interviewed her (NOTE: this is from 2009):

[*]Her time was wasted.

[*]She spoke with Friend on piles of pre-conditions only.

[*]She found Friend "easy to manipulate."

[*]She enjoyed "bitchslapping" New Yorker EIC David Remnick "throughout but especially during the very slipshod factchecking process"

[*]The New Yorker "bent over" for Hollywood (DHD)

[*]More on Hollywood "had their way" with the New Yorker, and then this Eminem-esque kicker: "You, too, can make The New Yorker your buttboy. Just act like a c**t and treat Remnick like a putz and don't give a fuck."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by rockNrollaDIM
  • Like 1

I'll agree with that, if you could look the other side too. I know what kayu endured here. You gave your "why people keep talking so much about things they hate" speech and I'll join the chorus in every note, but it seems that you're just judging one side of this conversation. But it's alright, I'm having a blast reading kayu's posts. :lol:

No Cozmees Everdeen was correct, one very just, unbiased species.

Just let the official number come..... :P

If things are like this with a boring midnight number, I am greatly anticipating this forum's reaction the OD numbers :lol:

I think my favorite bits are the way she describes the reporter who interviewed her (NOTE: this is from 2009):

[*]Her time was wasted.

[*]She enjoyed "bitchslapping" New Yorker EIC David Remnick "throughout but especially during the very slipshod factchecking process"

[*]More on Hollywood "had their way" with the New Yorker, and then this Eminem-esque kicker: "You, too, can make The New Yorker your buttboy. Just act like a c**t and treat Remnick like a putz and don't give a fuck."

We need a Nikki appreciation society.

[*]Her time was wasted.

I seriously don't know WTF I would do without Nikki :rofl:

• Founder / Operator

If things are like this with a boring midnight number, I am greatly anticipating this forum's reaction the OD numbers :lol:

Anything between $20-30m will keep the feuds going. It would take something extreme to dishearten either camp.