Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Spider man 3 made 10 million midnights, this made 7.5 million with more imax screens and 3d tax. Under 300 million pretty much confirmed

I guess you forgot the part where Spider man 3 is a sequel and TASM is a reboot. Oh and let's just forget that one came out on a Friday and the other a Tuesday. :bravo:
  • Like 1

Bah so wrong.7.5 on a Monday night with little fanfare?

I think number's fine, for the record, but there's been no shortage of marketing for this film. It's mostly fans who go to midnights and fans would know when it opens.

lol suddenly now this was expected to open as much as Spider-Man 3? Even though nobody thought it would? Even thought Spider-Man 3 was following Spider-Man 1 and 2 and Spider-Man 3 opened on a Friday? If this is not desperation I don't know what isalso, to the person who mentioned Spider-Man 3 was frontloaded, it was not frontloaded, it had bad WOM which curtailed its gross. It would have made more had the film actually lived up to the hype. From that I here ASM is a step up in every way from SM3

Spider man 3 made 10 million midnights, this made 7.5 million with more imax screens and 3d tax. Under 300 million pretty much confirmed

lmao!If a terrible movie can get to 336 m with 10 m midnights, why wouldn't a good movie be able to get to 300 m with 7.5 m?How many superhero movies that opened over 7.4 m failed to make 300 m?This would be the first.

• Founder / Operator

I'm just saying it didn't have a Pirates 1 type of run. TF1 opened huge and had decent legs. It obviously had great WOM with huge home video sales. But at the box office it performed more like a well-received sequel than a franchise starter.As far as Spidey goes, I've been saying $320m for weeks and weeks. It's not a matter of reversing my prediction based on midnight. The midnight only confirmed what I expected of the film.

I wasn't aware you were predicting $320m (good luck :P ) already. Still, I just think its a huge leap to compare it to TF1 for now (which might be more of me disagreeing with others than you necessarily). Pirates 4 did $4.7m at midnight in May. Considering school is out right now, I think that's a comparable performance to TASM's midnight demand (which already has a bigger die-hard fan base).

I guess you forgot the part where Spider man 3 is a sequel and TASM is a reboot. Oh and let's just forget that one came out on a Friday and the other a Tuesday. :bravo:

What? I tawt that this wuz gonna make over Teh Avengrz? You mean GA did not walk up to the movie?

Another :bravo: from me.