keysersoze123

ID4(Wednesday) Numbers ASM($23.4M)

Even with the holiday?

The holiday is over for all intents and purposes. TASM really doesn't have the luxury of "holiday weekend" due to the 4th being on a Wednesday. Few people took time off and travelled which elevates the box office potential. It's weekend should be and likely will act like a second weekend imo considering it's 2-Day run already. Edited by Captain Craig

I think MM collapsed, because it should have decreased like Ted yesterday, but the discount Tuesdays helped to keep the number high. But it's awful for TASM, it's officially a failure, 280m is gone, the question is how lower can it get.

ASM could've been affected by people doing their 4th of July thing instead of going to the movies, but after checking years past that's been the case only some of the time, so I guess it depends on the movie. Fri's number will tell us a lot more.

ASM could've been affected by people doing their 4th of July thing instead of going to the movies, but after checking years past that's been the case only some of the time, so I guess it depends on the movie. Fri's number will tell us a lot more.

I doubt it would go up. Word of Mouth already to the females that this isnt funny movie they are selling.

I think MM collapsed, because it should have decreased like Ted yesterday, but the discount Tuesdays helped to keep the number high. But it's awful for TASM, it's officially a failure, 280m is gone, the question is how lower can it get.

It's not a failure yet. We need Thursday drop, if it drops 30% or more then TASM's a failure.

It's not a failure yet. We need Thursday drop, if it drops 30% or more then TASM's a failure.

I wouldn't say 30% would be a disaster. If you look at non-weekend July 4s in recent years, the day after drops are anywhere from 25-40%. TASM dropping 30% would be in line with many other movies.
  • Like 1

this is very difrent form 2007, but it seems not many movies go up so they wont drop tomorrow (brave yes but not the other movies expect spiderman)

Huh? 9 of the top 12 movies increased yesterday.

12m would be so wonderful I'd probably cry. And your 200 club would totally be resurrected!

Honestly, yes it would.