Moviedweeb

SAT/Wkd Numbers (EST TASM $23.8m(+15%)/$65m; Savages $5.6m(-2%)/$16.2m; KP 2.5m(-8%)/7.2m

That should make it break even if they spent about 100 mill on the marketing WW, if not more.

Marketing is paid with the market tie in product deals. Hell, Batman's biggest advertising here so far it's a supermarket campaign offering free tickets if you buy enough stuff from the supermarket, I haven't seen anything as silly to either The Amazing Spider-Man or The Avengers. The Amazing Spider-Man will do fine to not only break even, but profit after the film's OS box office.

Marketing is paid with the market tie in product deals. Hell, Batman's biggest advertising here so far it's a supermarket campaign offering free tickets if you buy enough stuff from the supermarket, I haven't seen anything as silly to either The Amazing Spider-Man or The Avengers. The Amazing Spider-Man will do fine to not only break even, but profit after the film's OS box office.

I'm not going to get into it too much because I know you love the film and I'll let you have that.Yes, if Spiderman makes more than 800 WW it should be profitable but the marketing budget is not paid for by product placement or tie ins. That's completely not true. And most of you know here that the return you get from China is not 50%, some of the international posters have said it can be as low as 15-40% at times. And it's the same with a lot of Asian markets. Don't take my word for it, ask those guys who know more than I do.

It's The Amazing Spider-Man and at least the crowd that I hang out with afterward the film was over was mind blown by how awesome the Lizard looked in film, it's pretty much how I felt about Hulk before seen The Avengers and after I've seen the film.

That tends to happen when you go to a midnight showing with a crowd full of Spider-Man fans.I thought the Lizard looked pretty awful. Rhys Ifans was solid as Curt Connors though.
  • Like 3

Disagree completely. Bane will have to do much more than play the James Bond villain of the week to steal Lizard's thunder. Loki is much more like McKellen's Fassbender's Magneto is, and while the Lizard also is a conflicted villain, he is the best villain of the year and best Spidey villain IMO, truly impressed with Ifans performance and the cgi of Lizard on film. Pretty much like Hulk it looks brilliant in the big screen but meh in pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 3

Loki was better than the Lizard. In fact, that is one of the weak points. In the moment The Lizard shows up, the movie derails a bit. Andrew Garfield/Emma Stone put in back on track, tho.

• Like 7

Jack's entitled to his opinion guys. I need to remind myself that as well from time to time. It's just an odd opinion.

• Like 2

Disagree completely. Bane will have to do much more than play the James Bond villain of the week to steal Lizard's thunder. Loki is much more like McKellen's Fassbender's Magneto is, and while the Lizard also is a conflicted villain, he is the best villain of the year and best Spidey villain IMO, truly impressed with Ifans performance and the cgi of Lizard on film. Pretty much like Hulk it looks brilliant in the big screen but meh in pictures.

Of course you disagree. And I guess you can say the same for me. Doc Ock remains the franchise's best villain, though I did love Willem Dafoe's campy over the top performance as the Green Goblin.Regarding Bane, Tom Hardy is a fantastic actor, he'll be fine. Big shoes to fill, clearly, given Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker. Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

Jack's entitled to his opinion guys. I need to remind myself that as well from time to time. It's just an odd opinion.

Yes, but Lizard a better villian than Loki?!? C'mon!!!! I mean to what extent of fanboy heights to you have to delude yourself to reach that conclusion?

Yes, but Lizard a better villian than Loki?!? C'mon!!!! I mean to what extent of fanboy heights to you have to delude yourself to reach that conclusion?

I don't know. But if he truly feels that way, you can't prove otherwise. It's all subjective. I think it's a ludicrous opinion, but he's entitled to it.

I don't know. But if he truly feels that way, you can't prove otherwise. It's all subjective. I think it's a ludicrous opinion, but he's entitled to it.

If he truly feels that way being the key point there. Personally I think it's all a fanboy front, but of course I have no way of proving that.

Posted Image
  • Like 1

So iJack, was there any part of the movie you didn't absolutely love?

It's the Spider-Man movie that I've been waiting for my entire life. I don't see flaws in either The Avengers or The Amazing Spider-Man. Andrew Garfield IS Peter Parker and Spider-Man, in ways that no one has ever pulled off, his portrayal is the same kind that immortalized Christopher Reeve's Supermans and Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man, I'm completely IN LOVE with Gwen Stacy and I've got teareyed at least four times through the film. The action sequences are clearly the best I've ever seen from any of Spider-Films, I can believe that's actually someone alive and breathing webslinging through New York City, the fighting sequences with the Lizard are all anthologic, not only showcasing Spidey's strength, but agility and brains, this is the Spider-Man film that I've been waiting my entire fucking life, I honestly feel sorry for you or any Spider-Man fan out there that don't feel the same way.

The way how Ben Parker, Gwen Stacy, Flash Thompson, George Stacy and even Curt Connors are instrumental into making Peter growing up to the hero he is destined to be truly moved me in ways that no other superhero film ever did. It's a film that looks intimate and at the same time it's more epic than anything out of Raimi's trilogy, if you want to get nitpicky, that scene with the New Yorkers helping him it's something that I could get away with, but the same could be said about the scene where the Gothanites society and scum choose not to blow their heads off in TDK or that scene with the waitress and Cap in The Avengers, the scene where the Police shots Peter and he has to fight his way through the Oscorp building more than compensate my little nitpick, just like everything from The Avengers. While The Avengers mademe care about the characters through the awe of everything that was going on, TASM gets me by the heart, the heart of this film is something that I just can't understand you nitpicking, it is there, beating and kicking.Trust me, this is not a shot at Raimi's Spider-Man, but regardless how much I love both first Raimi' films, this delivers the Spider-Man that I've grew up with. The origin isn't just better than Raimi's, it's something that rivals Stan Lee's and Bendis take in the origin from the comics. The Amazing Spider-Man is the underdog film from the best underdog in fiction. I don't know exactly what will happen with TASM's box office, all I know is that I want Marc Webb to dedicate the next ten years of his life making more five Spider-Man films. It's not about "this is the Spider-Man for a new generation" as I used to say anymore when it comes to me, it's about the best take I could ever hope for try all time favorite character in fiction. I hope that you can at least sympathize with the feeling I have. PS: And when Spidey saves little Jack... WOW. Just WOW.

Edited by iJackSparrow