A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 4:24 PM, shayhiri said:

OK, I like this again now. I hope it beats both Angry Birds and Warfart (but NOT Prince of Persia).

It's kind of impossible to beat Warcraft, but not Prince of Persia, at the worldwide box office.

• Like 1

It's also impossible for Angry Birds to beat 370m WW (adjusted PoP), but a certain mod wrote that "as a fact" in the title of my club - just before locking it up.

So, as you can see, impossible things CAN happen :) (if you really want them to).

Edited by shayhiri

4 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

It's also impossible for Angry Birds to beat 370m WW (adjusted PoP), but a certain mod wrote that it has already happened in the title of my club, just before locking it up.

So, as you can see, impossible things CAN happen :) - if you really want them to.

Yet Warcraft beat 370M already.  Oops

• Like 1

Still no reason to lock my club. It is obviously a very sound and insightful one.

I was right about Ratchet.

I was right about Angry Birds (everyone claimed I'm mad).

I was right about Warcraft being a humiliating bomb, everywhere outside China (most people couldn't believe that).

And we still have to see if I'm right about AssCreed (I will be).

It is a very good club (considering no one dared to be in). Let it stay locked if it must - but at least remove the incorrect "fact" from its headline.

(And it explicitly said that we keep separate tabs on the four different movies - so we still have to see what happens in December with AC. But we will do it here anyway.)

Edited by shayhiri

3 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Still no reason to lock my club. It is obviously a very sound and insightful one.

I was right about Ratchet.

I was right about Angry birds (everyone claimed I'm mad)

I was right about Warcraft being a humiliating bomb, everywhere outside China (mots people wouldn't believe that)

And we still have to see if I'm right about AssCreed (I will)

It is a very good club (considering no one dared to be in).

It was a good club.  You had a shot with that one.

But then...it failed.  Twice.  Then they locked it.  Isn't that what they do when they fail?  (Ok edit: Angry Birds hasn't even beat PoP unadjusted yet, so once...at least...so far).

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 2

Ubisoft’s European head Alain Corre is quoted in an article published on MCV as saying that the company doesn’t expect the film to be all that profitable – but that it should have other benefits, for the Assassin’s Creed brand in general:

“We are not going to earn a lot of money from it. It is a lot more a marketing thing, it is also good for the image of the brand. Although we will make some money, it is not the purpose of this movie. The purpose is to bring Assassin’s Creed to more people. We have our core fans, but what we would like is to put this franchise in front of a lot more people who, maybe, will then pick up future Assassin’s Creed games.”

http://screenrant.com/assassins-creed-movie-ubisoft-box-office-predictions/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Ubisoft’s European head Alain Corre is quoted in an article published on MCV as saying that the company doesn’t expect the film to be all that profitable – but that it should have other benefits, for the Assassin’s Creed brand in general:

“We are not going to earn a lot of money from it. It is a lot more a marketing thing, it is also good for the image of the brand. Although we will make some money, it is not the purpose of this movie. The purpose is to bring Assassin’s Creed to more people. We have our core fans, but what we would like is to put this franchise in front of a lot more people who, maybe, will then pick up future Assassin’s Creed games.”

http://screenrant.com/assassins-creed-movie-ubisoft-box-office-predictions/

It makes sense. Plus, you know, it's nice to be ready for the obvious floppiness of it.

• Like 1