A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

25 minutes ago, RedX said:

A second trailer a month before its crowded release is terrible. A six month gap? That sure as hell didn't work for Beyond. There's no momentum behind this project that you see with other tent poles like Doctor Strange, Harry Potter, and Star Wars Rogue One. And its budget is on par with those movies or actually even higher. The movies you listed are also smaller movies and not even 20th Century Fox films. 

....wait - a month? Surely you mean two? Dr Strange is late October/early Nov and this is late December/early Jan... But yes - no momentum with the trailer campaign - they should've released a second trailer this summer and the final trailer with Strange like what they appear to be doing now.

And Peregrine isn't any bigger than these films, and same studio studio attachment doesn't really matter - all depends on the film and the timing. Only reason I listed these films is because the trailer's been classified NOW, which means it's a week or two from being sent to theatres and being released online. Fox are obviously gonna have it with Strange too which is basically the next big tentpole release.

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, antovolk said:

....wait - a month? Surely you mean two? Dr Strange is late October/early Nov and this is late December/early Jan... But yes - no momentum with the trailer campaign - they should've released a second trailer this summer and the final trailer with Strange like what they appear to be doing now.

And Peregrine isn't any bigger than these films, and same studio studio attachment doesn't really matter - all depends on the film and the timing. Only reason I listed these films is because the trailer's been classified NOW, which means it's a week or two from being sent to theatres and being released online. Fox are obviously gonna have it with Strange too which is basically the next big tentpole release.

Doctor Strange releases here domestically early November and it's more than likely going to be attached there and possibly released a week in advance online. It obviously doesn't matter but it makes sense. I'm disputing it's poor marketing presence, not what we have with the given situation

24 minutes ago, RedX said:

Doctor Strange releases here domestically early November and it's more than likely going to be attached there and possibly released a week in advance online. It obviously doesn't matter but it makes sense. I'm disputing it's poor marketing presence, not what we have with the given situation

Like I said, given the trailer has been classified now, I'd say it's a couple of weeks away as opposed to a month away. In fact, I think Fox will release the first Wolverine 3 teaser in that week leading up to the Doctor Strange international release last week of October.

And yeah, definitely a poor marketing presence right now. Hope it improves after they drop this way overdue trailer.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Like I said, given the trailer has been classified now, I'd say it's a couple of weeks away as opposed to a month away. In fact, I think Fox will release the first Wolverine 3 teaser in that week leading up to the Doctor Strange international release last week of October.

And yeah, definitely a poor marketing presence right now. Hope it improves after they drop this way overdue trailer.

:ohmygod:

18 minutes ago, RedX said:

The one from Ontario Films was classified as Trailer B, not C. It also had a run time of 2 minutes listed for the trailer instead of 2.5

Ah - Ontario never list accurate runtimes anyway - they always round for some odd reason. Good point about Trailer B/C - although knowing Fox it may just be one is 2D and one is 3D. Or could be two different trailers

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Ah - Ontario never list accurate runtimes anyway - they always round for some odd reason. Good point about Trailer B/C - although knowing Fox it may just be one is 2D and one is 3D. Or could be two different trailers

I think it might be different. We know they've been to different events showing off a variety of footage (kino expo, showeb, and odenas is coming up). Kurzel implied in that games radar interview that they've cut multiple things for possible release, "they're looking good right now"