The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I don't care how crazy the Joker is, there is no way to rig a hospital with that many explosives. Corruption isn't rampant enough to pull that off.

I was so immersed in TDK, that "plot hole" never even came into my mind, but with TDKR there were so many "this is so stupid" moments, it gets hard to overlook.

What bothered me more than anything in TDK with regards to realism is Batman's incredible catch of Joker with the grapple gun when he throws him off the construction building.

Yeah, that may actually be the most comic-bookey moment in the whole trilogy now I think of it.Anyway, attempting to move on from plot hole discussions, I think I'd have preferred TDKR's third act if they had Catwoman doing Gordon's job of trying to stop the bomb (ie. given her more screentime and something tangible to do) and made Gordon be the one to lead the big police 'revolt', getting rid of Modine's character altogether.

Yeah, that may actually be the most comic-bookey moment in the whole trilogy now I think of it.Anyway, attempting to move on from plot hole discussions, I think I'd have preferred TDKR's third act if they had Catwoman doing Gordon's job of trying to stop the bomb (ie. given her more screentime and something tangible to do) and made Gordon be the one to lead the big police 'revolt', getting rid of Modine's character altogether.

I agree about Matthew Modine's character. I get that were supposed to see this unsympathetic guy become inspired and fight for Gotham at the end and be saddened by his death, but it didn't work. We didn't really need to see him after the "but he's a hero" scene.

I agree with you, but then you wouldn't have gotten the chuckle from the audience I saw in my showing when a disheveled Gordon goes on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and falls out of the back of that truck(Was that SUPPOSED to be comic relief?).And I completely agree on Modine. I'm not sure what his purpose was. I'll be cutting him from my version of the film. :)

Ok, the moment when Gordon fell out of the container was really bad, I had forgotten about that. Half the audience was laughing, especially when the camera moved to the drivers seat where you saw a more realistic depiction aof the consequences of a non-safety-belt-collision.Still, I enjoyed TDKR, it's a superhero film and its main fault is that it's not as good as TDK.

• Like 1

Catwoman killed Bane in cold blood after Bruce specifically told her no killing. He broke his one rule for a thieving murderer and then gave up the responsibility of the cowl to some kid he barely knows. A kid with no fight training, no ninja stealth training and no money to buy cool gadgets and shit. Hope Bruce left him some training videos or he's dead within the week.

Edited by Caboose

Catwoman killed Bane in cold blood after Bruce specifically told her no killing. He broke his one rule for a thieving murderer and then gave up the responsibility of the cowl to some kid he barely knows. A kid with no fight training, no ninja stealth training and no money to buy cool gadgets and shit. Hope Bruce left him some training videos or he's dead within the week.

Training is nothing, will is everything.:)

Batman's a symbol though. Anybody can be Batman. That's the point. <_<Your post had me laughing pretty hard. :lol: