hasanahmad

Monday Box office Est. TASM 7.5 TED 4.5 BRAVE 2.5

Top 12 theatres engagement (gets published in Variety)wkend 6-8/7All TASM1-Regal E-Walk 13, New York City NY 181,8482-AMC Lincoln Square 13, New York City NY 181,0253-AMC Garden State 16, Paramus NJ 150,9874-Cobb dolphin 24, Miami FL 139,1395-Regal Union Square 14, New York city NY 136,8706-AMC Metreon 16, San Francisco CA 129,7567-CS Warren 14, Oklahoma city, OK 129,1428-AMC Burbank 30, Burbank CA 128,5169-AMC Tysons corner 16, Mclean VA 128,17110-AMC 34th Street 14, New York City NY 124,91611-Regal Irvine Spectrum 21, Irvine CA 124,15012-AMC Long Beach 26, Long Beach CA 123,674Highest for Ted & Savages Empire 25 NYC (accross from E-Walk)FYI NYC & LA make up about 16% of NA business, in Canada Tor is about 30%

Wow! I didn't realize Irvine Spectrum would be so high up the list. That is my favorite theater and the one I always want to go to.

Tobey wasn't the problem.The problem was Sony, the crappy villains and that it seemed like someone was crying ever damn 5 minutes. I thought I was watching a soap opera instead of a comic book movie.

That sounds just like TASM.....

Wow! I didn't realize Irvine Spectrum would be so high up the list. That is my favorite theater and the one I always want to go to.

Irvine spectrum is quite ofte high on the list it should be to for upcoming TDKR as it has traditional Imax compared to Minimax

Irvine spectrum is quite ofte high on the list it should be to for upcoming TDKR as it has traditional Imax compared to Minimax

Which is why love it's IMAX theater. But I was always curious as to why it never player Avengers in it's IMAX. One of the busiest theaters played Wrath of the Titans instead of the Avengers.

Spidy = underwhelmingBrave = bad sign. This thing's legs have slowed to developing slight cankles. Compared to WallE and Rat, this is bad because although those movies had lower totals at the same point in their respective runs, they have now slightly surpassed Brave in dailies as of now.Ted = overwhelming success. This has essentially been slightly behind Brave through the same days in its run in terms of total gross and Brave is hitting 200. Unless Ted's legs get killed, it's hitting 200 IMO.

I'm confused by all of this.TASM, Ted and Brave all fell between 54 and 58% on Monday. For Ted, it's a great success. For the other two, it's disaster. Why, exactly?Now, if you mean overall, then Ted is performing well. Far better than I thought a silly movie about a talking teddy bear ever would. Early on, I thought this would be the bomb of the summer - but word spread about this silly nasty bear and it's a hit.Brave is still on pace with Wall-E and Cars. As those films crossed $200M, nothing wrong with that. Given that Brave is actually one of the films not reviewed that well perhaps that's expected (surprise lower review for Pixar - then again, they have dropped since merging with Disney - Disney can market the crap out of something, but they've long since lost their "magic" at movies)TASM is the unknown. Is this a big drop or will this film ultimately have some legs? I think most thought it would do around $250M total domestically (give or take). That is less than past SM films, but not unusual for a reboot to often perform well but on the lower end of expectations (see Batman, Superman, X-men, Star Trek reboots). Edited by doctoru2

Which is why love it's IMAX theater. But I was always curious as to why it never player Avengers in it's IMAX. One of the busiest theaters played Wrath of the Titans instead of the Avengers.

In a nutshell TA was only available in Digital Imax format Irvine spectrum run film 15/70