hasanahmad

Monday Box office Est. TASM 7.5 TED 4.5 BRAVE 2.5

Meh number for spidey. I hoped for around 8 millJust saw the movie today and lov.. ehh liked it.I loved evrything except The Lizard.. The Flash/PP story seems a bit rushed but i can live with that..My theater was packed for a tuesday and it ran at 80-90% of OD... Surprised about how many women there were.They all seemed to love it including my wife

• Like 1

The spider man franchise is not doomed , but this form of it might actually be . Sony managed to fuck up the only good thing they had left (not just in their movie department) . I bet that a Raimi Spider man 4 , with free reigns to Raimi unlike 3, would have done much better than this debacle of a reboot .

So true!

I don't like an old Spider-Man.

Just one more Spidey...Tobey could have made it!He doesn't seem that old.A 30+ yo Spider-Man is not a horrible concept.JM Straczinsky wrote a good adult PeterParker in comicbook.
  • Like 1

Just one more Spidey...Tobey could have made it!He doesn't seem that old.A 30+ yo Spider-Man is not a horrible concept.JM Straczinsky wrote a good adult PeterParker in comicbook.

If they only make Spider-man movies where Peter is a teenager than the character will never grow on screen, and that's just boring. Look at what Nolan's doing with Batman. I want a definitive beginning, middle, and end to Peter's life story (doesn't mean he has to die or anything). Frankly I think it'd be cool to see a Spider-man movie with Peter Parker in his 30s, married, working as a science teacher/professor, and juggling family life with his life as Spider-man. Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 1

Top 12 theatres engagement (gets published in Variety)wkend 6-8/7All TASM1-Regal E-Walk 13, New York City NY 181,8482-AMC Lincoln Square 13, New York City NY 181,0253-AMC Garden State 16, Paramus NJ 150,9874-Cobb dolphin 24, Miami FL 139,1395-Regal Union Square 14, New York city NY 136,8706-AMC Metreon 16, San Francisco CA 129,7567-CS Warren 14, Oklahoma city, OK 129,1428-AMC Burbank 30, Burbank CA 128,5169-AMC Tysons corner 16, Mclean VA 128,17110-AMC 34th Street 14, New York City NY 124,91611-Regal Irvine Spectrum 21, Irvine CA 124,15012-AMC Long Beach 26, Long Beach CA 123,674Highest for Ted & Savages Empire 25 NYC (accross from E-Walk)FYI NYC & LA make up about 16% of NA business, in Canada Tor is about 30%

Edited by Rth
  • Like 2

Top 12 theatres engagement (gets published in Variety)wkend 6-8/7All TASM1-Regal E-Walk 13, New York City NY 181,8482-AMC Lincoln Square 13, New York City NY 181,0253-AMC Garden State 16, Paramus NJ 150,9874-Cobb dolphin 24, Miami FL 139,1395-Regal Union Square 14, New York city NY 136,8706-AMC Metreon 16, San Francisco CA 129,7567-CS Warren 14, Oklahoma city, OK 129,1428-AMC Burbank 30, Burbank CA 128,5169-AMC Tysons corner 16, Mclean VA 128,17110-AMC 34th Street 14, New York City NY 124,91611-Regal Irvine Spectrum 21, Irvine CA 124,15012-AMC Long Beach 26, Long Beach CA 123,674Highest for Ted & Savages Empire 25 NYC (accross from E-Walk)

Thanks, mate. Any idea how Spidey numbers are holding up right now?

Batman's character is way different than Spider-Man.

Spider-man grew up in the comics, he can grow up in the movies too. To keep Spider-man a teenager forever is to make the character stagnant. It's beyond stupid as far as good filmmaking is concerned. Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 1

Spider-man grew up in the comics, he can grow up in the movies too. To keep Spider-man a teenager forever is to make the character stagnant. It's beyond stupid as far as good filmmaking is concerned.

I think no one said he should stay in high school.

Batman's character is way different than Spider-Man.

Exactly. Spider-Man isn't supposed to get older than its early thirties. I'd LOVE to see a sixtology based on Webb's Amazing Spider-Man, but if they go with the right pace. The way to go IMO is making The Amazing Spider-Man 2-3 together, between 2014 and 2015. Then getting the 4th by 2017, 5th by 2019 and divide the 6th film between 2022 and 2023. Andrew would be 37-39 years old for the recording of the last chapters. It could be played as a Spider-Man approaching 35 years old fighting the Sinister Six at that point. Edited by Chris O Donnell

Frankly I think it'd be cool to see a Spider-man movie with Peter Parker in his 30s, married, working as a science teacher/professor, and juggling family life with his life as Spider-man.

Same!Spider-Man is now skating....What other "teenage activity" will he have in the next reboot?(you know, keeping the character relevant to future youth and all that... :rolleyes: )

Same!Spider-Man is now skating....What other "teenage activity" will he have in the next reboot?(you know, keeping the character relevant to future youth and all that... :rolleyes: )

I have 31 years old. I used to own a skate and while I sucked at it, I never was seen as anything but a nerd, with my "odd" hobby of reading comic books. Just because Peter Parker wasn't finally a stereotype in cinema, it doesn't mean that it wasn't a nice touch. We are talking about one of the most athletic and show off of the superheroes here. Spidey's webslinging could easily be seen as a parallel to skateboard tricks in a larger than life scale.