iceroll

Catching Fire OS Thread || 438m

I think Latin America will be where CF increases the most from THG

I'm from Latin America, and I've noticed how much THG's popularity has increased since last year. At least in my country (Uruguay) nobody knew what THG was until the movie came out, and the movie wasn't even that popular. For CF the tickets went on sale 5 days ago and the first few showings have already sold 50% of their seating capacity (it premieres on nov 21 here). It may not be big for other countries but we are a really small country and that is impressive here. You rarely see that kind of expectation for a movie here, and the movie hasn't been advertised anywhere yet. If that's happening here I bet it's even better in other countries.

• Like 2

I'm from Latin America, and I've noticed how much THG's popularity has increased since last year. At least in my country (Uruguay) nobody knew what THG was until the movie came out, and the movie wasn't even that popular. For CF the tickets went on sale 5 days ago and the first few showings have already sold 50% of their seating capacity (it premieres on nov 21 here). It may not be big for other countries but we are a really small country and that is impressive here. You rarely see that kind of expectation for a movie here, and the movie hasn't been advertised anywhere yet. If that's happening here I bet it's even better in other countries.

That's great to hear!

It looks like Lionsgate is branching out internationally with even the soundtrack:

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/hunger-games-catching-fire-soundtrack-adds-cpm22-lori-meyers-abby-1200730864/

There will be exclusive songs for certain regions, and even the end credit song will be different.

That's great to hear!

It looks like Lionsgate is branching out internationally with even the soundtrack:

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/hunger-games-catching-fire-soundtrack-adds-cpm22-lori-meyers-abby-1200730864/

There will be exclusive songs for certain regions, and even the end credit song will be different.

Lionsgate must have seen how much the THG's books sales increased since the movie and knew they could do a lot better this time.

The spanish group's song better be good because I really like Atlas and was expecting to hear it at the end of the movie.

That's great to hear!

CPM22 is a dead brazilian band. I don't know what they were thinking when they picked them.

Welcome to the Forums!

And that's extremely impressive!

Welcome to the Forums! And that's extremely impressive!

Thanks! I was really surprised to see how fast tickets are selling. I keep checking everyday and I'm sure there will be a few sellouts (is that the word??) by the premiere date. Our biggest movie theater complex is also organizing some giveaways and stuff like that for the premiere.

Did Jennifer take a percentage off the gross?

She should.

I don't think so, I remember somewhere it said he salary was raised to something like 10M. I think that's it, it doesn't matter whether it grosses 100M,200M,300M,400M, and so forth. I expect though somewhere in the negotiating process that her paycheck will be bigger for both MJ 1 and 2.