iceroll

Catching Fire OS Thread || 438m

In order to gross 600-700M OS, you have to make 30-40M in these two markets alone.

And I Can't see it increases that much.

I don't agree that it ABSOLUTELY needs those markets for 600-700M OS, but I ain't predicting it to hit that much. I'm thinking around 480M OS.

Japan is one I'm thinking is up in the air. It probably won't do good, but we'll see. Brazil and Europe will be huge OS boost, no doubt about it. China who knows.

3x increase in Japan still means it's not good............

But still means it's a GREAT jump.

Edited by Godzilla
  • Like 1

I really can't see it doing much in Japan.

Given they think THG is just a shameful copy of their "Battle Royal" I don't expect good numbers in Japan, forget about it guys. It's a sad nationalistic reaction so it's hopeless.

However I can see a steep increase in Korea and China.

Edited by Sonic

Given they think THG is just a shameful copy of their "Battle Royal" I don't expect good numbers in Japan, forget about it guys. It's a sad nationalistic reaction so it's hopeless.

However I can see a steep increase in Korea and China.

THG made 27 in china, could double the gross. But we're too early to predict.Anything could happen in China.

THG made 27 in china, could double the gross. But we're too early to predict.Anything could happen in China.

For the moment the only safe increases should be in Brazil, Mexico, UK, France and Russia, we can't be sure about the rest of the world.

$375 - $425 M overseas.

I don't see it pulling a FF6 or a TDKR, two 2d movies that hit that mark abroad.  I also don't see it hitting bigger than the last Twilight ($537M for a 2d movie without China).

HG CF doesn't strike me as those movies that will be equally extremely loved in Germany, France, Spain, Italy,  Australia, The UK, Mexico, Brasil, Russia, China, South Korea (HG did 3.9 M there) and Japan.  You need to hit big in every single of those markets or very big in all of them but one to have a chance to hit $550 M for a 2d movie...few movies hit that mark, fewer in 2d...the last ones being FF6 and Skyfall 

Edited by Ent
  • Like 2

$375 - $425 M overseas.

I don't see it pulling a FF6 or a TDKR, two 2d movies that hit that mark abroad.  I also don't see it hitting bigger than the last Twilight ($537M for a 2d movie without China).

HG CF doesn't strike me as those movies that will be equally extremely loved in Germany, France, Spain, Italy,  Australia, The UK, Mexico, Brasil, Russia, China, South Korea (HG did 3.9 M there) and Japan.  You need to hit big in every single of those markets or very big in all of them but one to have a chance to hit $550 M for a 2d movie...few movies hit that mark, fewer in 2d...the last ones being FF6 and Skyfall 

CF is in 3D, isn't it?

Edited by Sonic