CJohn

Kung Fu Panda 3 | 1/29/2016 | New Trailer on Page 26!

I hope DW improves its marketing for the film

Haven't been impressed at all with the way they handle their marketing for this film or others

The poster also isn't that good. The film will probably be very good to excellent but they really need to learn from Uni and Pixar on how they can treat an animation property.

• Like 3

I hope DW improves its marketing for the film

Haven't been impressed at all with the way they handle their marketing for this film or others

The poster also isn't that good. The film will probably be very good to excellent but they really need to learn from Uni and Pixar on how they can treat an animation property.

I think y'all might be too quick to judge. We all thought Home had lackluster marketing as well, even going into release weekend, and look how that turned out.

• Like 1

I think y'all might be too quick to judge. We all thought Home had lackluster marketing as well, even going into release weekend, and look how that turned out.

Home did well DOM but not so well OS at all

Marketing is not just for DOM audiences, needs to work far beyond the states

Home did well DOM but not so well OS at all

Marketing is not just for DOM audiences, needs to work far beyond the states

My point is that Home seemed to have weak domestic marketing, but then turned out to NOT be weak domestically. The overseas problems have far more to do with it being an original property (which are always harder sells) than anything else.

Since this is an established property, overseas isn't going to be a concern here. Even if there's a decrease in many territories, it's going to clean up in China and Korea.

• Like 1

That's one of the worst posters I've seen.

Does nothing to differentiate itself from its predecessors.

More uninspired marketing and this will fail to top 100m.

I really don't see this doing worse than Home...which that film did really good DOM. You just judging the potential too literal. I mean, finishing lower than what Minions opened?....No..don't see it happen at all.

It's not going to fail just because of no faith....and i notice that a few of you have no faith in this, whatsoever.....or in their next projects in general.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Well BK007 is basically like tupek, ignore him.

True....

But there are stupid people who assume that KFP3 would fail....not very wise for them.

DW really needs a hit with KFP3. And it better make enough money to be considered a huge hit. Otherwise more stupid layoffs and money loss.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

Well, remember DreamWorks' declaration that they had made a mistake marketing to older kids/teens, and blaming their failures on that? Remember how they said they were reorienting towards young kids and their moms? This looks to fit the new marketing direction.

IMO, better that they dumb down the marketing, than dumb down the movie itself (which, judging by what I know of the Chinese marketing, they apparently haven't done).

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

What the hell? Pretty much targeting little kids by the looks of it. The Chinese promotional materials have been much better so far.

America is not their target. Marketing will be minimal DOM. They will be happy with anything over 100M, IMO.