CJohn

Kung Fu Panda 3 | 1/29/2016 | New Trailer on Page 26!

Thanks to Lihonking and Firedeep:

Lihonking:

Kung Fu Panda 3, hiring a Chinese script writer and voiceover experts. The Chinese version has its own director, Teng Huatao, who has directed various romantic TV series and films including "Love is Not Blind".

"When you look at the Chinese version of 'Kung Fu Panda 3,' you will feel the film is really made for Chinese audiences. All the characters behave in Chinese ways, it is really original. It looks nothing like a translated English version."

The most outstanding thing this time is the Chinese version was specially made based on Chinese language environment and culture, not just simple dubbing. The dialogue lines and even the animated characters' lip shapes were designed to make it more Chinese rather than making Chinese people feel foreign and exotic.]

Firedeep:

KFP3 is officially certificated as a China-US co produced animated film, the first ever. SARFT directors publicly praised it.

• Like 3

There is a rivalry, unspoken about, but known to the adept, between the biggest and the best animation studio (Dreamworks Animation), and the bitter runner-up (Pixar). That is why each and every success of one of the studios is often viewed as a green in the face envy material for the other.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

There is a rivalry, unspoken about, but known to the adept, between the biggest and the best animation studio (Dreamworks Animation), and the bitter runner-up (Pixar). That is why each and every success of one of the studios is often viewed as a green in the face envy material for the other.

Dreamworks really has not hit in a while and does the china studio only get the profits of china version of KFP3?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Dreamworks is not really even in top 3 animated studios anymore so the days of comparison to Pixar are probbaly over for most people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

What, there s a Chinese version of the movie ?

Katzenberg just hit a new high on chinese pandering here, bravo !

Yes, a Chinese director is hired.

Not sure whether they use the same script.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again that KFP is one film away from having the best animated trilogy of all time in my opinion.

Hell, Barring Back to the Future, Indy and maybe Bourne, I'm struggling to to think of any trilogies with 3 entries I all liked as much as the first 2 Kung Fu Pandas. 

Of course, there is also a giant laundry list of film franchises out there where I have loved parts 1 and 2 and disliked (at best) part 3, so here's hoping.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

I've said this before, but I'll say it again that KFP is one film away from having the best animated trilogy of all time in my opinion.

Hell, Barring Back to the Future, Indy and maybe Bourne, I'm struggling to to think of any trilogies with 3 entries I all liked as much as the first 2 Kung Fu Pandas. 

Of course, there is also a giant laundry list of film franchises out there where I have loved parts 1 and 2 and disliked (at best) part 3, so here's hoping.

Yep, if KFP3 is as good as the previous films then this trilogy is better than Toy Story, imo.

There are plenty of animated trilogies with one flawed movie in them. THIS SHALL WIN.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

DW must really have great franchises outside the Shrek-franchise.

KFP, HTTYD & Madagascar-films.

Eh. Madagascar is... middling.

It has the advantage that the films improve over time, but even the best one of them is only about mid-range for DWA's quality.

KFP is quite good. It's not quite upper tier for animation, but it's pretty close. The first film was really entertaining and it showed that DWA could make movies that weren't just pop culture jokes, but it suffers a bit on rewatches. They rely on slow-mo for humor a bit too often, IMO.

HTTYD, though. That's arguably the best animated franchise in history. At least for films.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, goldenstate5 said:

...I must be nuts. Obviously Toy Story is the best animated trilogy.

(looks up)

Oh, I stepped into a Dreamworks thread, I apologize everyone.

(I do like KFP and Dragon tho, but both have yet to prove their trilogy worth... I still think it wouldn't be quite as good as TS)

The original Toy Story is brilliant, TS2 is great, but TS3 is sub-par. I know most people cite Toy Story as perfect trilogy but I personally don't like Toy Story 3.