Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I think the question needs to be asked whether it's safe to keep this movie in the theaters now. I'm not talking about an overreaction, but a public safety thing due to possible copycats. Pulling the movie altogether is going to be a legitimate debate once the breaking news dies down.All attention is going to shift to the movie as soon ...

It's got nothing to do with the movie and everything to do with midnight screenings.

Hollywood began emailing me they thought this weekend could generate between $185M-$210M in domestic grosses and possibly set a new weekend record.

:) RISE Batman! :batey:

Nikki has had numbers for awhile it seems. Apparently 27+ midnights. She mentions the shooting.

The 3AM shows will be affected somewhat I think, but the effect won't be too significant on overall midnights number.

I think the question needs to be asked whether it's safe to keep this movie in the theaters now. I'm not talking about an overreaction, but a public safety thing due to possible copycats. Pulling the movie altogether is going to be a legitimate debate once the breaking news dies down.All attention is going to shift to the movie as soon ...

What does the movie have to do with it? The guy wasn't inspired by the movie, he simply used it as an opportune moment. And in that case, any major release is an opportunity for a maniac to do this.
  • Like 1

Nikki has had numbers for awhile it seems. Apparently 27+ midnights. She mentions the shooting.

Local TV stations KUSA and KMGH said a lone gunman attired in protective gear opened fire in the packed Century 16 Movie Theater, and moviegoers at first thought it was part of the film’s action sequences. One moviegoer told the TV anchor he heard “10 to 20 shots”. Some moviegoers are telling local TV stations about horrific details and bloody scenes inside Theater 9. Police told TV stations the shooting was first reported at 12:39 AM after the gunman “just appeared” from the front of the theater. Then police arrived and found the suspect in the rear of the theater. He had a rifle and two other guns when he was taken into custody, authorities said.

The 3AM shows will be affected somewhat I think, but the effect won't be too significant on overall midnights number.

Yeah, day business is where we'll see the effect. If it's less than 50 million for Friday, then this is clearly a huge deal and the movie will struggle with a 150 million OW...

Finke also confirms the "just appeared" thing.

Moviegoers at first thought the gunshots were part of the film’s action sequences. Police told TV stations the shooting was first reported at 12:39 AM after the gunman “just appeared” from the front of Theater 9. Then police arrived and found the suspect in the rear of the theater. The adult male attired in protective gear had a rifle and two other guns when he was taken into custody, authorities said.

What does the movie have to do with it? The guy wasn't inspired by the movie, he simply used it as an opportune moment. And in that case, any major release is an opportunity for a maniac to do this.

I'm not linking it to the movie, but the media will. At the very least they will explore the question of a connection and if the movie should be pulled. I think this goes above what WB wants to do at this point.

I very much doubt anyone going to a 3 am showing will bother to check the news to learn anout this. People have more important things to fo.

Yeah, day business is where we'll see the effect. If it's less than 50 million for Friday, then this is clearly a huge deal and the movie will struggle with a 150 million OW...

52M was my predict for my day business before this.... lowest on this board probably, didn't think it would actually go below that.