Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Hey guys just woke up to the news about the mass shootings in my own home city and am in complete and utter shock and sadness. I am so incredibly grateful to report that no one I know was present at the Century 16 theater when it occurred. The truly scary thing is although it's not a theater I or the majority of my friends or family frequent often, it is one am definitely familiar with. One of my sister's does live in that area and often goes there with her husband and I thank god they are not midnight movie people. I did however attend the midnight showing of DH2 there last year, so I have indeed been to an event midnight there before myself. You can drive yourself crazy with what ifs I suppose but I just am so thankful that my world isn't in pieces today over some idiot that has to make you be fearful over something as fun as a midnight movie now. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost loved ones and the injured.

Creepy to think you were there for DH2 midnights last year. :unsure:

I'm glad you didn't do the same for TDKR.

• Like 1

They should be the sole focus and the media might dive into his background. They don't always do the probing necessary but in Columbine they did. Both boys were on meds for A.D.D., brain altering drugs. They dove into the background of the shooter of that Arizona Senator last January '11, not that they found anything of merit really. The shooter of the Virgina Tech shooting, the upstate NY army base...so yeah, they do dive in on the bigger ones. Maybe you just aren't paying attention.Until the day a gun jumps up on it's own and kills people, then yeah the individuals should be the foucs.Should guns gain autonomy we are all screwed cause I kick my washer to get it started, probably some built up tension there.Got to get to work, I'm sure this thread will jump 50 pages before I get back to it at lunch.

When you say "they" I'm assuming you're talking about the national/cable news? Cuz they don't have the time to "dive into it". The closest you'll get on TV is maybe a PBS special, but even that wouldn't come close to explaining these events. It will be weeks/months before we hear about the truth of this killer and by that time I can assure you no one will outside of Aurora will give a F --- especially if the explanation takes more than a 7 minute TV segment.

Creepy to think you were there for DH2 midnights last year. :unsure:

I'm glad you didn't do the same for TDKR.

One of the few times I've been there in the past year thank god. It's no secret to anyone around here that that theater is a dump. The only reason to go there is because it has the cheapest prices around. I bet people won't care about that anymore.

Hey guys just woke up to the news about the mass shootings in my own home city and am in complete and utter shock and sadness. I am so incredibly grateful to report that no one I know was present at the Century 16 theater when it occurred. The truly scary thing is although it's not a theater I or the majority of my friends or family frequent often, it is one am definitely familiar with. One of my sister's does live in that area and often goes there with her husband and I thank god they are not midnight movie people. I did however attend the midnight showing of DH2 there last year, so I have indeed been to an event midnight there before myself. You can drive yourself crazy with what ifs I suppose but I just am so thankful that my world isn't in pieces today over some idiot that has to make you be fearful over something as fun as a midnight movie now. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost loved ones and the injured.

Do you have cochofles twitter or Facebook? She also lives in Denver.

The thing is, crazy people are everywhere. We've had snipers outside grocery stores, gunmen in our schools, our shopping malls, everywhere.But these acts of violence are rare to the extreme.I feel terrible for all those affected by this.But I'm still going to go to the movie theater, I'm still going to the grocery store, the mall, and I'm still going to go to college.I'm not going to hole up inside, paranoid that I'm going to be shot all the time.

Edited by utesfanami
  • Like 2

I consider myself a pretty unemotional guy but reading this and thinking of what happened tears me up.

Thank you for saying that. I've been crying reading her tweets for sometime, but people will say that I'm overreacting. Yeah, people die every day. But this hits home, this could be anyone of us last night.

The thing is, crazy people are everywhere. We've had snipers outside grocery stores, gunmen in our schools, our shopping malls, everywhere.But this acts of violence are rare to the extreme.I feel terrible for all those affected by this.But I'm still going to go to the movie theater, I'm still going to the grocery store, the mall, and I'm still going to go to college.I'm not going to hole up inside, paranoid that I'm going to be shot all the time.

Exactly.I'll repeat what I said earlier: If anybody is truly terrified of death, then wear your seat belt, cut your carbs, and stop smoking. The relevance of those on your life is unfathomably higher than the odds of being shot by the crazy murderer.

cochofles

Member Since November 12, 2011 at 08:31 AM

Offline Last Active Jul 20 2012 06:22 AM

Her profile says 6:22 AM last activity... that must be well after the shootings, no?

Yeah the shooting was hours before that

Wow that's scary how close it was to you.

TDKR will still be a big blockbuster, but just not as big as some people might have expected because this massacre will of course have a bad impact.And I still don't understand why a six year old can visit a midnight show in the USA (dead now). Or that a woman with a three month old baby goes to watch the midnight premiere (dead now),But that doesn't belong here. i just don't understand it.