Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I highly doubt the tragedy will keep a noticeable amount of people from seeing the movie. Any sane person has to know that the odds of something like this happening at the theater and showing they go to are way lower than getting into a car wreck on the way to the theater or even choking to death on popcorn.I'm an admitted neurotic and I still saw it this morning right after I read the headlines and the theater was packed. Although I do have to say that I did notice the people and the exits a bit more.

My thoughts exactly.My Dad was in Germany when 9/11 happened and when he flew back everyone was nervous. You're kidding, right? If someone tries to pull off such a scheme again EVERYONE is going to nail them before they even get a slight bit of a chance.

I highly doubt the tragedy will keep a noticeable amount of people from seeing the movie. Any sane person has to know that the odds of something like this happening at the theater and showing they go to are way lower than getting into a car wreck on the way to the theater or even choking to death on popcorn.I'm an admitted neurotic and I still saw it this morning right after I read the headlines and the theater was packed. Although I do have to say that I did notice the people and the exits a bit more.

Yeah as I said earlier this nut certainly won't scare me away from the movies, and it happened just miles away from me. I think the paranoia that ensues after tragedies like this is usually pretty unfounded. The odds of the same thing happening, especially right away are slim to none. However there will be those that I think it does scare away for maybe the weekend or so. Some people are too paranoid for it not to.

I was just talking to a customer and she asked how busy it has been today. I told her we haven't been anywhere close to what I thought we would do. She said the events last night had to have put a damper on things. She followed that up by mentioning if they hadn't bought the tickets yesterday, they most likely would not have come.

• Like 1

Warner Bros May Not Report Box Office For ‘Dark Knight Rises’ All Weekend

By NIKKI FINKE | Friday July 20, 2012 @ 3:27pm PDT

Comments (1)

EXCLUSIVE: I’ve just been told by a Warner Bros spokeswoman that the studio may do this “out of sensitivity to people”. Through midday today the studio was reporting The Dark Knight Rises grosses internationally and domestically as usual. Now it may suspend its box office reporting all weekend for Christopher Nolan’s final Batman trilogy installment. A final decision has not yet been made. It would be a highly unusual step for a company in the movie business that’s part of publicly owned Time Warner. And it is certainly the studio’s right to stay mute the rest of the weekend. However, the numbers will still get out because every Hollywood studio follows Rentrak’s reporting of grosses. So rival studios will tell reporters like me how The Dark Knight Rises is doing.

Nikki

I was just talking to a customer and she asked how busy it has been today. I told her we haven't been anywhere close to what I thought we would do.She said the events last night had to have put a damper on things. She followed that up by mentioning if they hadn't bought the tickets yesterday, they most likely would not have come.

These sort of things affect family audiences. Maybe they shouldn't but they do. It is natural for people to hesitate before taking their families to theaters after an event like this. It shouldn't effect college age audience though.

Watching local news and the tragedy is all on channels and most reporters showing live shots of theatres across the city and reporting "these theatres are packed and the tragedy doesn't seem to be affecting people's desire to come out."

I think if it is having an effect, its not much of one. It seems more likely that folks here were just over predicting what this would do.

These sort of things affect family audiences. Maybe they shouldn't but they do. It is natural for people to hesitate before taking their families to theaters after an event like this. It shouldn't effect college age audience though.

How big is the family crowd on a friday though? Even with schools out, mom and pop are still at work. If it does affect family audiences (assuming TDKR is much of a family movie anyway) that wouldnt show till Saturday and Sunday matinees. Edited by Orestes

I like how Nikki thinks she's a reporter.

That wouldnt effect family audiences much on a friday though, would it? Even with schools out, mom and pop are still at work, so there wouldnt be as much family audiences to potential drive away. If it does effect family audiences (assuming TDKR is much of a family movie anyway) that wouldnt show till Saturday and Sunday matinees.

Yeah Friday was already a done deal with the presales.

Screw those guys. They are jealous as hell.

Um Nikki is vicious. I'll put it in her thread what I'm reading. She's more than just a bitch if true. She's like an old school gangsta, lol. Oh and yeah, they are jealous. Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Just woke up to one of those trashy entertainment tonight shows....

"MORE COVERAGE ON THE BATMAN MOVIE MASSACARE... WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET CAUGHT IN A THEATER SHOOT OUT!"

Ugh. :mellow::angry:

The tv is on downstairs and they're going on and on.. not sure how much more I can take. Hate the exploitave, trashy media, not limited to but ESPECIALLY this kind. Though shows like Good Morning America, Tonight etc etc aren't much better though they claim to be.

Watching local news and the tragedy is all on channels and most reporters showing live shots of theatres across the city and reporting "these theatres are packed and the tragedy doesn't seem to be affecting people's desire to come out."

I was sure not going to let one lone murderously insane fool ruin my day watching TDKR with my little brother. I don't mean to downplay the tragedy, but it's not the fault of WB, Chris Nolan, TDKR or anyone who decides to watch it. This tragedy has only one person at fault: James Holmes.To paraphrase Alfred in BB:"It was not any of our faults those people died. It was his fault, and his alone."

The tv is on downstairs and they're going on and on.. not sure how much more I can take. Hate the exploitave, trashy media, not limited to but ESPECIALLY this kind. Though shows like Good Morning America, Tonight etc etc aren't much better though they claim to be.

I don't bother watching TV news anymore. Haven't for years.
  • Like 1