Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Read my post again. The showing is sold out and it seats 400+.

Fair enough...sounds like 'peak'. But seriously...how often have you gone to the movies? And how many times have you been attacked? Planes don't drop out of the sky left and right after 911 because suicide bombers don't grow on trees. Same thing with these killing spree assholes (Thankfully). Thanks to CNN etc and their wall to wall coverage I'm aware of more mass shootings than I care to have detailed knowledge of but that doesn't restrict my access to any number of places.But if concerns lessen you enjoyment of the film than don't go. I just hate all the FUD (Fear uncertainty and doubt) that one madman is causing. Edited by Adm56

And yet she is still going to go see the movie...you can see it in the follow up "just wait till next week". People will still watch the movie, just maybe not OW...and thus OW is going to be depressed from its potential.Is what it is.

• Like 1

So? It does not in any way mean someone is going to come in shooting. Safety is important but don't let one psycho's decision change your plans. TDKR had nothing to do with it....it could have been a sold out TASM screening or TA screening.

Copycats will see the media constantly linking TDKR to it, which makes it even more of a target.

I don't get that. How is it insensitive to go see TDKR? The killer was a psycho and used this event to his advantage. It's the equivalent of saying I won't go on a plane because of sensitivity to 9/11.

Not sure if that's the best example to use as all flights were grounded in the immediate aftermath of 9/11.People aren't going to stay away from movie theaters forever just as people didn't stay away from planes, but in the face of these kinds of tragedies we tend to make decisions based on emotion rather than logic, and people have different ideas of what the words "respect" and "sensitivity" entail. Edited by tribefan695

http://insidemovies....ing-box-office/So WB will not report the weekend's number out of respect.Anti-TDKR loonies are already saying that it's a ploy for WB not to be "embarrassed" by what they claim will be disappointing numbers. *FACEPALM*

Oh goodness.I'm completely neutral on this Marvel/DC war crap but this has gone way too far. Can we just have some freakin' respect here?

We are a fucked up breed of people to care about a "box office event" but I love it :lol:Totally agree with this.

I love BO and this was my most anticipated weekend of the year now, I don't even care what TDKR makes on OW.

After watching all the evening news coverage, I just didn't like the constant comparisons of the violence in this film and previous Batman films to what happened yesterday morning.These were the horrific actions by one demented sick individual, no need to villianize an entire comic book franchise to sensationalize an already shocking and disturbing tragic event.

It's fucking stupid. I heard "The Insider" reporting on it tonight on the TV downstairs and it was just typical sensationalized media tying it to the film, exploiting the tragedy... Journalism is in shambles, everybody trying to shout the loudest.

Not sure if that's the best example to use as all flights were grounded in the immediate aftermath of 9/11.

People aren't going to stay away from movie theaters forever just as people didn't stay away from planes, but in the face of these kinds of tragedies we tend to make decisions based on emotion rather than logic. People have different ideas of what "respect" and "sensitivity" entails.

Some do.

I hate this whole situation. Poor families having to go through so much pain from one psycho's decision to kill. The UK press have BATMAN MASSACRE all over the front pages. Even bringing up the death threats from TDKR fans to critics as a example of how insane the fans can be.

Copycats will see the media constantly linking TDKR to it, which makes it even more of a target.

On a bittersweet note, CNN is now longer calling the Batman Movie Killings or whatever, they are calling it the Massacre in Theater 9. Edited by JackO

Serious question. People speak of copycats, but can anyone provide a good example of when one actually existed? Like right after the fact? Meaning I understand that a school shooter might be inspired by Columbine a few years after the fact, but I still place that into a vague 'school shooting' category. Do people really think copycats are going to hit theaters? Why not sporting events? Or grocery stores?

I hate this whole situation. Poor families having to go through so much pain from one psycho's decision to kill. The UK press have BATMAN MASSACRE all over the front pages. Even bringing up the death threats from TDKR fans to critics as a example of how insane the fans can be.

Typical... UK press is the worst, most sensationalized I've seen. Although this weekend, the US press is rivaling them in that regard. :rolleyes: