Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

If the shooting had a big effect today, Saturday would see a much better day than many of you are extrapolating due to a potentially deflated Fri gross.Not saying that's going to happen, but your weekend numbers and IMs are going to be all out of whack if this did influence the movie-going public today, and I certainly believe it did. Then it depends on if those people who skipped it, come back tomorrow, or later on down the road.But I think its a mistake to assume, if it made "just" $75m today, that you can extrapolate that under normal conditions to say $160 million. I think that would potentially be very wrong. This is uncharted territory.

If the shooting had a big effect today, Saturday would see a much better day than many of you are extrapolating due to a potentially deflated Fri gross.Not saying that's going to happen, but your weekend numbers and IMs are going to be all out of whack if this did influence the movie-going public today, and I certainly believe it did. Then it depends on if those people who skipped it, come back tomorrow, or later on down the road.But I think its a mistake to assume, if it made "just" $75m today, that you can extrapolate that under normal conditions to say $160 million. I think that would potentially be very wrong. This is uncharted territory.

Great post, we are going to see some stranger than normal drops the next couple days. I would not be surprised to see Saturday and Sunday stay about equal with each other.

WHAT A FUCKING GRAND GESTURE THIS IS!

What has reporting numbers got to do with anything?

WB doesn't want to seem like they're celebrating the movie's earnings in the aftermath of a tragedy that cast a pall over the weekend. Rational people might not care about reporting the numbers, but there are plenty of irrational ones, especially in the US news media, who would slam the studio for thinking about money. Not wanting to see headlines like: WB Touts TDKR Numbers - Crass or Business As Usual? is understandable.
  • Like 1

So, 81.4M is the target for TDKR. That number would make it the most attended OD ever.....91*0.45=40.9540.95/(7.93*1.3)=3.97m 3d tickets91*0.55=50.0550.05/7.93=6.31m 2d tickets3.97+6.31=10.28M tickets10.28*7.92= 81.4MOf course, TDKR will do a bit better in IMAX, so maybe 83M is a better target. Still mighty impressive.....

Estimated breakdown for Potter OD sales:IMAX - $6M - 0.4MNon-IMAX 3D - $31.5M - 3M2D - $53.6M - $7.16MTotal - 10.57MAssuming TDKR sells 10-15% more tickets in IMAXIMAX - 7M - 0.46M2D - 76.8M - 10.10MSo it needs about 83.8M to match DH2's admissions. One million more or less will be too close to call and should be considered a tie. Edited by Fake

WB doesn't want to seem like they're celebrating the movie's earnings in the aftermath of a tragedy that cast a pall over the weekend. Rational people might not care about reporting the numbers, but there are plenty of irrational ones, especially in the US news media, who would slam the studio for thinking about money. Not wanting to see headlines like: WB Touts TDKR Numbers - Crass or Business As Usual? is understandable.

They don't have to do a press release or anything..... they could have just quietly given the numbers to BOM, BO.com etc. like all the studios do for all the movies every day,

They don't have to do a press release or anything..... they could have just quietly given the numbers to BOM, BO.com etc. like all the studios do for all the movies every day,

The press would report. The press reported TDKR midnight numbers.Star Wars and Dark Knight trilogies are the two best trilogies.

If anyone has ever heard of that website.

Drudge Report? It's one of the most visited "news" sites on the Internet.EDIT: News should be in quotes Edited by Sims

I'm exteremely annoyed that we won't be getting any TDKR numbers, because of misplaced concerns for sensitivity or whatever that is...Still,

3. The Amazing Spider-Man (Columbia/Sony) Week 3 [4,318 Theaters]

Friday $4M, Weekend $14M, Cume $231.7M

It's dead. Spidey Friday is 60% down from last. Weekend drop could be even worse. Like I expected some theaters are cancelling showing to give those screens to TDKR.

This is going to hurt the franchise as this is what people will remember about TDKR years from now but that headline is sensationalism at its worst. This guy is deranged and just because he identified himself as Joker doesn't mean that everyone has to pretend he is some Batman super villain.