Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Just read Io9's review of the movie. One line stuck out:

"There are way too many scenes in a row where people give bombastic speeches instead of talking to each other."

Something that has plagued the entire Batman-trilogy, and a major flaw in Nolan's screenwriting ability imo.

The run time didn't bother me at all. I didn't think to look at my phone one time. I was too into the movie to be worried about how long we had been in there or how much longer we had to go.

Well I sure as hell wasn't looking at my phone during the TDK screening I can tell you that. Damn that movie is the epitome of engrossing, no matter how many times I see it. :wub:

It did pick up those last few shows, but it was a little too late to compete with the Avengers.

Here are opening day comparisons from this years megaopeners.

MOVIE MIDNIGHTS Friday Totals IM

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES 1195 2080 3275 1

THE AVENGERS 731 2351 3082 1

THE HUNGER GAMES 1201 1984 3185 1
  • Like 1

The run time didn't bother me at all. I didn't think to look at my phone one time. I was too into the movie to be worried about how long we had been in there or how much longer we had to go.

My thoughts exactly.

The only parts that I felt dragged a little were the scenes with Blake. I felt he was in the movie too much and I wanted more Bane and Batman.

'That would be great and all but we all know Hollywood is too greedy to ever do that. This is the best we're gonna get. And I don't understand how some people can't see how gloating and boasting about box office numbers this weekend may seem insensitive on behalf of hollywood/the studio to some in the wake of what happened. Would it to me personally? No. But I'm sure it would to some. That's why they're doing it.

So they will never report numbers? I think they will release weekend figures, so that may also be seen as insensitive, right?Victims families don't care how much the movie made and WB are reporting number or not. If they had just donated 1% of their receipts from OW to the victim's families, now that would have been a grand gesture and would have gotten them really good press.

It did pick up those last few shows, but it was a little too late to compete with the Avengers.Here are opening day comparisons from this years megaopeners. MOVIE MIDNIGHTS Friday Totals IM THE DARK KNIGHT RISES 1195 2080 3275 1 THE AVENGERS 731 2351 3082 1 THE HUNGER GAMES 1201 1984 3185 1

TA was massive considering school was in session.

It did pick up those last few shows, but it was a little too late to compete with the Avengers.Here are opening day comparisons from this years megaopeners. MOVIE MIDNIGHTS Friday Totals IM THE DARK KNIGHT RISES 1195 2080 3275 1 THE AVENGERS 731 2351 3082 1 THE HUNGER GAMES 1201 1984 3185 1

OD should be around 80m total based off of that.

This is probably a stupid question, but does WB's decision affect international numbers as well?

Valid point, if WB stick by no reporting till Monday and other follow suit , pretty much all other countries running the film reporting of weekend actuals occurs when its still Sunday/early monday am in the US, so if it stays in play then actual weekend BO reports across all films may all be delayed by a day for AsiaPac few hours for Europe... wait and see Edited by Rth

Thanks.Going by THG comparison, 50M for Friday without midnights seems about right.

Nikki expects 180M OW, what do you think about this number, are you disappointed?I would be a little disappointed because that would be the same number than TDK + inflation.

Edited by Fullbuster

Nikki expects 180M OW, what do you think about this number, are you disappointed?I would be a little disappointed because that would be the same number than TDKR + inflation.

Considering what's happened the past 24 hours, a 180m OW would be pretty good IMO.