Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Ok...lets put this into points. Easy to digest.1. TDKR hype was nowhere near TDK hype2. TDKR was always going to be more frontloaded than TDK3. The media have dubbed this 'THE BATMAN MASSACRE' so it will obviously effect TDKR.4. This will always remain the biggest 'What if?' in box office history5. It is still a impressive OD6. My hype for TDKR went to 30% after the shootings and I was the most exited anyone could be for the movie so I am sure it stopped others from seeing it.7. Everyone chill....we really don't need the anger on a already miserable weekend.

Dont forget that Warner Bros seems to be doing less promo now on tv and in theaters because of the shooting.

I don't see what's disrespectful in reporting weekend numbers?Studios can just avoid hyperbols or typical-businessmen dullness.But mehh...You can't tell me there isn't people in WB offices irritated by not writing "records reports" or something about this. So, the "silent operation" suit them well.(harsh things to write, i admit, but business meetings are probably full of this).

"TA's over 12M higher than rest of the group."

I think we should just realize TA was the most backloaded epic opener since Spider Man 1.

"It also had 3D."

Still amoung the biggest easy

Definitely, to me Saturday and Sunday numbers are far more impressive than the massive OD for TA.
  • Like 1

$30m in midnights and $47m for the rest of the day kind of speaks for itself.

It's perfectly reasonable. Midnights are bigger (as is the trend with all movies), the post-midnight gross is about the same as TDK. Similar to how the Harry Potters behaved.

One problem TDKR will have is that it's really bleak film. It is in no way the escapist, Rocky-esque antidote to this incident that people thought it might be.

Yeah.When TDK came out, dark and bleak was the new great thing for comic movies. Now people want light and fun like TA.
  • Like 1

When TDK came out, dark and bleak was the new great thing for comic movies. Now people want light and fun like TA.

That makes senseHowever people look at TDK like its a classic these days...So people still like that kind of superhero film. Edited by Lordmandeep

Here is an interesting note"In ticket sales Spider Man 3 and DMC are the biggest films ever on Friday non midnights followed by TA and TDK."

TA should be on par with SM3....too close to call a winner.

It's gonna be hotter than hell around here, and that probably would have boded well for this had all this not happened. People would have been more likely to go inside and enjoy a movie than stay outside in 100+ degree weather.

Dont forget that Warner Bros seems to be doing less promo now on tv and in theaters because of the shooting.

They don't need to do any promos.Every single news program is talking about the massacre and that it was during TDKR midnights.

Yeah.When TDK came out, dark and bleak was the new great thing for comic movies. Now people want light and fun like TA.

That makes senseHowever people look at TDK like its a classic these days...So people still like that kind of superhero film.

I'd take something like BB/TDK/TDKR with an actual backstory over a "fun" and light SH film like TA. That's my main issue with Marvel as a whole (aside from ASM). Edited by acsc1312