Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

"I'd take something like BB/TDK/TDKR with an actual backstory over a "fun" and light SH film like TA. That's my main issue with Marvel as a whole (aside from ASM)."

Yeah the thing is I agree but only if the film works that way....I think with ASM it did not work out well.TA did not pretend to be a storyline based movie.Such a complete opposite from ASM or TDKR marketing.The whole focus was on the last act of the film.The film promised action and seeing your heros fighting together and thats what you got.http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrV-5rxkOIY Edited by Lordmandeep

Only here would

Even Baumer's saying $455m.

Only here would people be disappointed in a film that would make that much money. Yada yada expectations, but if that were to happen that's still a great number.

TDK: impossible500M: out of reach475M: very difficult450M: difficult425M: hmm400M: sure

$500m is not out of reach when it's opening higher than TDK. We'll have to wait a week or two before declaring anything. Edited by Elessar

Only here wouldOnly here would people be disappointed in a film that would make that much money. Yada yada expectations, but if that were to happen that's still a great number.

It's hard to be disappointed with $455m after what happened. Edited by lab276

True or not?The Joker isn't even spoke about once?Like...everyone forgot about him or since he's not in the story, he doesn't exist anymore?

He's not mentioned at all. But after 8 years that's not too much of a stretch. There's never a point where you think 'why aren't they talking about him?!'

My opinion too.OW record went from BatmanReturns directly to BatmanForever.Another situation where that record stayed directly in the same franchise?

I can't even imagine any other film take the record in the near future. At least not in 2013/2014.And TA2 should be the first mega-blockbuster in 2015. So the record will stay with Avengers. They are an unbeatable team!

"I know that feel bro.Still can't believe how epic its OW was & then everything shattered...such a shame."Yeah, thats why I liked TA opening weekend so much.Great opening and a great film.

Avengers opening weekend was really awesome. I'll remember it for years to come...just positivity everywhere & a good film too!!Even THG opening weekend was like that..except "Not a record" LOL.

$170 ow.....excellent

i don't think the attacks took $37m of business away. it would have been closer though and TDKR would have the admissions record.

I don't think so. Given the massive hype that included issuance of tickets one month prior to release, I would say 30.6M Midnight number in the third of July was underwhelming and that was before the massacre. So no point in spinning that number. TDKR was never going to set records. Heath Ledger is not here to help the movie out.

I don't think so. Given the massive hype that included issuance of tickets one month prior to release, I would say 30.6M Midnight number in the third of July was underwhelming and that was before the massacre. So no point in spinning that number. TDKR was never going to set records. Heath Ledger is not here to help the movie out.

It's day business would have been much stronger without the shootings.

One problem TDKR will have is that it's really bleak film. It is in no way the escapist, Rocky-esque antidote to this incident that people thought it might be.

Just my 2 cents: TDK and TDKR (have not seen yet) are supposed to be more gritty and harsh movies. And while Nolan is masterful at making movies with such an atmosphere, it's not a movie that some in the GA would put on their to watch list despite any WOM. It was still going to be the mega-blockbuster because it was the last of the trilogy and the most hyped summer movie of 2012. But when the reviews started coming in, the first thing that came to mind was this movie is not to the level of TDKR. Also, with all the other stuff going on in the world. the drought, Syria, debt crisis, etc.. I think people want something more uplifting now or at least an escape, and are tired of feeling down. And now with the tragedy in Colorado...

I think another mistake we made is this...We thought if a film like TA could set the record, a film like TDKR was going to own it as its Batman!

I'm guessing that was the general feeling around here. I'm still pretty new here but I think that most people predicted that if any movie was to break the 200M barrier first it was supposed TDKR and when TA came out, TDKR would easily follow.
  • Like 1

even with a 170m opening it will easily outgross The Hunger Games

But the question is.....can it do even 170M?This is what I am thinking right now.....Fri: 77MSat: 45MSun: 39MWeekend: 161M