Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Lol, glad to take you back. I wasn't born yet so I wouldn't know, though I can certainly imagine quite the uproar at the casting choice of him back then.

Yeah it got rough, apparently they publicly burned pictures of him. A year later he was practically Jesus.

You sound like one of the protesting fanboys from 1988. :D

via telegraph since there was no internet....at least no message boards...dot-dash-dash-dot dot-dot-dotdash-dash-dotTranslation: "Keaton is Beetlejuice for life"....
  • Like 1

Kilmer also played a pretty good Bruce by the way.

The only bad Bruce/Batman has been Clooney, and I dont know how much of that is Clooney's fault or Schumacher's. Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

Just came back from my 2nd viewing with my fiance. Movie definitely got better with my 2nd viewing. I think WOM will get better with repeat viewing and best performance by Bale in the trilogy. Good news, showing was soldout. :) :) :) :) :)

• Like 1

Kilmer also played a pretty good Bruce by the way.

I've always maintained with a good script and direction Kilmer could have been great in the role. The funny thing about BF is that for all its nonsense Bruce does actually have something of a catharsis - he finally accepts he's Batman because he chooses to be, not because of his tortured psychosis. That's a big deal for the character. But that sure as hell wasn't going to be what people took from the movie with everything else that went on. Edited by Hatebox

Some in the news are now calling it "Movie Theater Massacre" rather than "Batman Massacre".

Yes they dropped the Batman killer moniker after fridayThe only time they refer the movie is when they say 'The Dark Knight Rises screening tragedy

People will always think of this movie as the tragedy.

Not sure about 'always', but it'll take a while. I'm surprised the aftermath is still the top story on the BBC website. This country is hosting the Olympics in less than a week ferchrissake.