Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Ny theater business seemed on pace with yesterday, including late showings, maybe 1 less sellout at Regal....The Sun "drop" will be interesting to say the least. Though at this point I am more interested in the Monday number.

Edited by lancer1997

Ironic that, just like TDK, Rises' box office is being affected by semi-related news headlines, only in the opposite direction.

Trilogy hasn't had a single normal run.BB - drastically hurt by B&R and worst marketing ever for Bat franchise.TDK - Ledger effect.TDKR - shooting at midnight.
  • Like 2

I think it should get a 3X multiplier but no more.

Yeah see, don't think you can say that right now.The Shooting has changed EVERYTHING. What would you say if we saw Sun > Sat, and a Mon at like $30m? Not saying we will, on any of those, but wouldn't that alter your "no more" stance?

Not to steer things too away from the movie and back to the tragedy or anything, but just wanted to share I was at the vigil ceremony in Aurora tonight (very well done), and visited the makeshift memorial of the victims and wanted to share these pics I took of it with my phone. The Century theater is in the background.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 8