Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Poor poor weekend for the Dark Knight Rises. The tragedy in Colorado killed my excitement for this weekend. Hopefully next weekend it can see a lighter drop and finish close too or just over 500M.

For anyone that still cares, a lot of industry sources are being asked not to cite the tragic shooting when analyzing the low box office take for the weekend (though I doubt everyone will oblige that -- we, however, will). No one will ever know how much of an effect it had exactly, but its pretty clear that there was some at least. Just food for thought before making too many assumptions about the film's performance. This is unprecedented territory for everyone.Again, for anyone who still cares. If this weekend taught us anything, its how utterly insignificant box office grosses are compared to human life.

This request is from WB?

For anyone that still cares, a lot of industry sources are being asked not to cite the tragic shooting when analyzing the low box office take for the weekend (though I doubt everyone will oblige that -- we, however, will). No one will ever know how much of an effect it had exactly, but its pretty clear that there was some at least. Just food for thought before making too many assumptions about the film's performance. This is unprecedented territory for everyone.Again, for anyone who still cares. If this weekend taught us anything, its how utterly insignificant box office grosses are compared to human life.

Well, I do think the weekend should come with an asterisk next to it. The shooting pretty clearly affected it. The low gross doesn't have to be attributed to the shooting, but it should not be totally absent from analysis. Edited by lab276
  • Like 1

We can discuss the numbers, but it's going to be different and unusual. We can't compare it to any other film and we can't say that its performance is underwhelming. TDKR's OW and final gross will always be a mystery. One thing is certain, the Heath argument is finally over, we can put this to bed for once and for all.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

Where I live this live coverage would not be possible. I'm just amazed how the US legal system works.

I meant like in a mental sort of way, it'd make me way to depressed to watch it.

For anyone that still cares, a lot of industry sources are being asked not to cite the tragic shooting when analyzing the lower-than-expected box office take for the weekend (though I doubt everyone will oblige that -- we, however, will). No one will ever know how much of an effect it had exactly, but its pretty clear that there was some at least. Just food for thought before making too many assumptions about the film's performance. This is unprecedented territory for everyone.Again, for anyone who still cares. If this weekend taught us anything, its how utterly insignificant box office grosses are compared to human life.

Respectfully Shawn, I disagree it taught us a lot more than that.It also taught us that that there are real heroes out there. 3 people gave their lives literally taking a bullet for their girlfriends, and saving their lives. A 13 year old boy tried in vain to save the 6 year old girl who was shot.Those stories should never be forgotten, and are a standard for all of us to live up to. A lot of us say we'd take a bullet for our wife, or kids, these people actually did.G-d bless them and their families. Edited by lancer1997
  • Like 2

I'm also watching the hearing right now too.The guy's dyed his hair red. He looks depressed.I really don't know what's going through his mind but it's clear the boy isn't well.

He should burn in hell. He pre-planned everything from the shooting to IED's at his apartment so to say this mother f**ker is incompetent is beyond laughable. Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

We can discuss the numbers, but it's going to be different and unusual. We can't compare it to any other film and we can't say that its performance is underwhelming. TDKR's OW and final gross will always be a mystery. One thing is certain, the Heath argument is finally over, we can put this to bed for once and for all.

Heath argument in what way?

For anyone that still cares, a lot of industry sources are being asked not to cite the tragic shooting when analyzing the lower-than-expected box office take for the weekend (though I doubt everyone will oblige that -- we, however, will). No one will ever know how much of an effect it had exactly, but its pretty clear that there was some at least. Just food for thought before making too many assumptions about the film's performance. This is unprecedented territory for everyone.

Again, for anyone who still cares. If this weekend taught us anything, its how utterly insignificant box office grosses are compared to human life.

I understand the desire to be respectful of the families, but I don't see how analysts can reasonably agree... I don't think it's their place to try and play psychologists and throw out numbers that they aren't qualified to support for how it affected it, but at the same time, it's completely unavoidable. I don't think you'd be doing your job to ignore it and to how can you make arguments about how it did without referencing the incident.
  • Like 1