Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

TDKR was the weakest of the trilogy easily, tragedy or no tragedy, but that's a discussion for a different thread.

I think TDKR is a film that you need to let it sit in your mind for awhile to really appreciate it. But, in the end, I think TDKR is an amazing work of art...minus Bane's voice which still sucks even though I can understand him now.
  • Like 1

Just to keep things in perspective regarding night business, I seem to remember Nikki's first post for TDK was $50m. It ended up at $67m with the actual. That is a bigger percentage jump than what happened with Avengers going from $65m to $80m. In other words, the July release date isn't necessarily indicative of where the film will land. Didn't she lowball DH2's full day as well? That was a July release. I think in general Hollywood has a hard time reconciling the massive difference between matinee and night business on Friday.

No, she didn't. She said it was easily cruising past 80M and was excited for the possibility of a first 100M on a single day.

Now I believe that Living in fear will only make this tragedy worse.

People need to go see this movie and show that we aren't afraid. This is not the films fault, anyone who says its the films fault needs to look at the facts. Anyone at that screening, may have trouble going back to a theater for a while but I don't think they would want other people to stop going.

Edited by MovieGuyKyle17
  • Like 2

I think TDKR is a film that you need to let it sit in your mind for awhile to really appreciate it. But, in the end, I think TDKR is an amazing work of art...minus Bane's voice which still sucks even though I can understand him now.

Seeing all three back to back, I'm sorry but there's just no way TDKR can even stand in the same footing as TDK in any aspect. TDK really is a masterpiece of cinema . At it's absolute best TDKR is simply a good comic book film. No amount of "sitting" is going to change that. And I forgot how well done BB really is as well, especially the origin story. On a first viewing TDKR is the weakest over BB by a slight margin for me.

This and Bale's for some...

What is it with these "Nolan voices"?

One (among many of course) of the memories of this trilogy.