Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

He gives it a 6/10, and ranks it around SM3.

Oh wow. I admit, the movie is bloated and jumbled but I wouldn't put near SM3. His opinion though. Not everyone is going to like this movie.When i got home with my brother I gave the movie a 9/10 but we stayed up talked about the film a bit. Lowered my rating to a 8/10. I'm going to see it again in IMAX tomorrow to see to give a more concrete rating.

I thought it was even better than TDK. I know I'll get called a lunatic for it but my opinion is my opinion. And I respect baumer's.

Why would get called a lunatic for it? I can easily see why some people would pick TDKR over TDK. It was a great film, but in my opinion, not as good as TDK.

Let's hope and pray that it stays above $80M OD. This is its last hope... If it drops below TA's OD who knows what Saturday and Sunday will be like...

It should, and 85M puts it on track for ~185, higher puts it at ~190M which would be a huge accomplishment in light of things.

Oh wow. I admit, the movie is bloated and jumbled but I wouldn't put near SM3. His opinion though. Not everyone is going to like this movie.When i got home with my brother I gave the movie a 9/10 but we stayed up talked about the film a bit. Lowered my rating to a 8/10. I'm going to see it again in IMAX tomorrow to see to give a more concrete rating.

IMAX will improve your rating, as long as you see it in 15/70. It looks a hell of a lot better in IMAX.

Well now this is just opportunistic trolling

How is it? I'm genuinely disappointed in that number. $90m was looking realistic at one stage and now the shooting is having a negative effect. I didn't want it to and I even denied that it would be significant, but it appears to have gone that way.

The attitude last night was doom and gloom, then today everybody was optimistic again, now we're back to dloom. I'm just going to come back when there are actual numbers.

I think the realisation that the shooting has had effect on numbers has contributed to the already dour mood. Edited by Hatebox

That number is terrible. Fuck this massive shooting. Fuck this weekend. I am getting of here.

Your past posts indicate you were hoping it would go lower well its not. Americans are not a bunch of wimpy stay home its not safe, 9 11 changed them they dont stop their lives to succumb to tragedies

How is it? I'm genuinely disappointed in that number. $90m was looking realistic at one stage and now the shooting is having a negative effect. I didn't want it to and I even denied that it would be significant, but it appears to have gone that way.

Not really ,

The Dark Knight Rises "only" doing $80 million is a bit unexpected coming off of $30m midnights. I do have to wonder if the shooting really did have some negative effect. Not on the movie's actual reception and word of mouth, but just if it hampered with people deciding to go in any small way. (I don't think it did but just a thought to ponder on)Still it's gonna be hard for this to miss $175m opening weekend which almost still guarantees $400m.

Edited by Dekunova

Your past posts indicate you were hoping it would go lower well its not. Americans are not a bunch of wimpy stay home its not safe, 9 11 changed them they dont stop their lives to succumb to tragedies

I agree. I don't think the shooting is having as much of an affect as some are trying to claim. I think if it does end up having an appreciable affect on the OW, it wont truly be felt till Saturday and Sunday when families normally go to the theater.

IMAX will improve your rating, as long as you see it in 15/70. It looks a hell of a lot better in IMAX.

Yea I know it will look amazing in IMAX. I was talking about the film in general though. I usually let my hype for movies cloud my feelings about a movie the first time through.