Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I hope TDKR breaks the OW record. Not from a boxoffice enthusiast point of view but to show the world that these horrendous attacks will not take away our freedom. These acts of violence are carried out as much for the death and destruction as the psychological impact. We need to show the crazies out there that you will not win, we will still go out and see TDKR on OW, popcorn in hand. We should bring our lightsabers with us to really confuse them.

Why BKB always ends up banned and iJack just suspended? Everyone here prefers BKB so what the hell?

He was being pretty insensitive about the shooting towards the start of the thread and crossed a line.

Why BKB always ends up banned and iJack just suspended? Everyone here prefers BKB so what the hell?

BKB was banned for 6 months. iJack/reddevil were suspended for 7 days.

I understand what you are saying, but at the end of the day, TA would not have done this well if something similar had happened. I am not calling for TDKR to beat the OW record here, just that the performance in the face of the tragedy is quite remarkable and those calling it a disappointment are completely missing the mark.

No one's saying that TA would've done this well,because TA is much more of a family movie than TDKR, and families are the most likely crowd to stay away if this happened.

Because BKB takes things to the extreme, of the extreme, of the extreme, but iJack only takes it to the extreme.

I guess BKB got a harsher punishment cause he's a repeat offenderBut he'll be back, more powerful than ever come next year

Okay.... 80-85M seems to be the number ATM......... but I will wait for something more accurate.... like Rth.Overall an okay performance. It would have been quite good, but some (read many) of you just had to go and predict insane numbers.

No one's saying that TA would've done this well,because TA is much more of a family movie than TDKR, and families are the most likely crowd to stay away if this happened.

Right. So my point being, it is a very impressive performance.Anyone disappointed is too emotionally invested in following the Box Office IMO. If the OD is higher than The Avengers OD given the tragedy, the much longer running time and no 3D? That's a big win.

Right. So my point being, it is a very impressive performance.Anyone disappointed is too emotionally invested in following the Box Office IMO. If the OD is higher than The Avengers OD given the tragedy, the much longer running time and no 3D? That's a big win.

the problem is this is the middle of summer

Avengers did 70 on Saturday. You really think TDKR will come close to that off a 50 Friday? In July?

No, I'm just saying people just stop melting down over an 85 million dollar Friday. We have no idea of that's even a true number. It may be closer to 90 million. The only person who I believe is RTH. Nikki and her cronies completely missed the OD for The Avengers. TDKR will still do 185-190+ OW.TDKR is the best film of the trilogy.