Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

From what I heard TDKR is a great film but not as good as TDK.I think that means great legs but not TDK good.

There are variables here that didn't apply with TDK. Maybe people calm down after the shooting and decide to go see it next week. The lack of interesting new releases may work in its favor. Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

Am I the only only that is excited with the big runtime? I hope the rumored 4 hours version is in the Bluray!

OMG I want that 4 hour version. :excited:And I thought that the nearly 3 hour run time went by very, very quickly. Very smooth run time, could've easily been longer without any problems. Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

I wish it was longer, and I was initially concerned about the runtime. I wish we got to see more of Howard Hughes-esque Bruce.

Yep, we definitely needed more of the 1st and 4th acts.

Ok you guys i'm done arguing the haters, and idiots who don't have or use their brain. It's ashame that the media will scare the general audience for this movie. But I expect this will blow over by next weekend and the drop off will not be as big. This board has just made me mad because its always brought me back to that asshole who brought a gun to the theater and not just ruin the fun for a lot of people but made it so that 12 people will never see the conclusion of this movie. The dude deserves to be tortured movie style for the rest of his days.

• Like 2

There are variables here that didn't apply with TDK. Maybe people calm down after the shooting and decide to go see it next week. The lack of interesting new releases may work in its favor.

I actually think this is the most competitive August ever at the BO. We've got 3 fairly high profile blockbusters that would have seemed more at home in the May-July release schedule than the dog days of August (Bourne, Recall, Expendables). I still think The Watch will be pretty big with it's Grown Ups esque comedian all stars marketing, although Ted may have already filled the R rated comedy slot for the summer. Then Hope Springs could steal some of the over 40 crowd that eats up Streep away from TDKR, and the Campaign is a possible breakout as well. So TDKR actually has a lot of competition in the next several weeks. Edited by MovieMan89

I know this is my little corner here in the Brew City but every summer we have different festivals. This weekend there's an event called Festa Italiana. Just listening to people they were talking about the shooting but they were also talking about the movie. Most people were saying that they already saw it and were planning at some point to see it again, or others were thinking about seeing it maybe tomorrow or during the week.