Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

J. Nolan's first draft was 400 pgs, and just taking the 1pg=1 min rule that's a 6 hr 40 min script

Kenneth Lonergan's first draft of Margaret was 384 pages. I'd love to read these scripts just to see which direction these directors took their movies in.

Also, even though TDKR had more IMAX footage, I felt they did a better job with TDK's IMAX. The opening shot was epic seeing it on IMAX and put you right into the film. But, I think that Nolan wanted to show off what IMAX could do whereas he was more focused on moving the story along with TDKR than worrying about IMAX shots.And, I did see TDK 4 times in IMAX, so I know how awesome it was.

Edited by CloneWars

Kenneth Lonergan's first draft of Margaret was 384 pages. I'd love to read these scripts just to see which direction these directors took their movies in.

Wasn't that the film that was completed about 10 years ago?

89, I love the final 5-10 minutes of TDK (same with BB), but I strongly dislike the ferry boat/sonar/SWAT sequence.

That in itself isn't amazing but I love how Joker's final act in the movie is handled, and like I said the Two face arc in the last third is great. Everything just comes to such a great climax too with kidnapping Gordan's family, and at the time I never expected Batman to take the fall for the crimes. That was a shocking twist to me.

And I felt the ferry/Swat sequence was more interesting than TDKR's stop the nuke from destroying the city thing. Felt so overdone. I dunno maybe it's cause TA literally just did that same thing with the hero faux-sacrificing himself to detonate it a few months ago?

Edited by MovieMan89

That in itself isn't amazing but I love how Joker's final act in the movie is handled, and like I said the Two face arc in the last third is great. Everything just comes to such a great climax too with kidnapping Gordan's family, and at the time I never expected Batman to take the fall for the crimes. That was a shocking twist to me.

And I felt the ferry/Swat sequence was more interesting than TDKR's stop the nuke from destroying the city thing. Felt so overdone. I dunno maybe it's cause TA literally just did that a few months ago?

That isn't TDKR's fault though, Nolan, and Goyer had the story planned out for years already.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is a good idea. However, it would be best if we understand Bale too. He has his schedule, his life. We should not do this by force. You know what, why not group yourselves, dress like superheroes and visit these children. You can invite those who like attending cosplays too. These children don't necessarily need "the actor". They need hope and the reason to believe people care for them. Edited by kayumanggi

Am I the only only that is excited with the big runtime? I hope the rumored 4 hours version is in the Bluray!

Can't wait for that! I remember seeing paparazzi photos from the set of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle in clothes that did not end up making the movie.

Yup. And it's the best movie of 2011. Better than Drive, even. Everyone should see it.

Don't be ridiculous, best movie was Tinker Tailor. :P Edited by riczhang