Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Yes, Bale delivered, I give him his props his emotions in "Rises" was his best performance of the trilogy. Bale is an underrated actor to me, people don't give him his props. I think people forget he's been acting since he was a little kid. I think Anne was great but low expectations is why everyone was surprised. Keaton, Ledger and Anne all shut the critics up who said they weren't right for their respective roles.

• Like 1

I've always maintained that Bale is the perfect Bruce Wayne/Batman. I don't understand how anyone could prefer Keaton.

Keaton had a great air of mystery as Batman. The problem is the scripts didn't care about his character so he wasn't given much to work with.

So basically, only Nikki decided to break the "don't report box office out of respect for the tragedy" rule.What a classy lady.Respect.

Nope. LA Times, NY Times, Variety and other publications have already published weekend estimates while emphasizing that they didn't get the official data from WB and other studios.

So basically, only Nikki decided to break the "don't report box office out of respect for the tragedy" rule.What a classy lady.Respect.

And we should thank her, otherwise this thread will be nothing but depressing posts.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdaily-weekend-boxoffice-scorecard-72212.html

All boxoffice figures are unofficial until tomorrow, when the studios will once again admit that they’re in a business designed to make money. However, numbers have made their way to the outside world, and it seems clear that as midsummer Saturdays go, yesterday was slower than usual, probably by a factor of 10-20% virtually across the board. This presumably reflects audience concern over security issues in the wake of the Aurora, Colorado tragedy, and both studios and theatre-owners will have to hope that it corrects over time.

OPENINGS: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (Warners) has been reported at $160-162M in preliminary estimates. This is a very fine number, the 3rd largest opening in history behind The Avengers ($207M) and Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows Part 2 ($169M), and above the opening of The Dark Knight ($158M), making it the biggest 2D debut ever, and yet probably not as high as the film would otherwise have done. (Although things could obviously have gone much worse, under the awful circumstances.) Its reported 40% drop on Saturday is certainly not unprecedented for a movie whose Friday gross includes a big Thursday midnight number (it’s about what the Twilight movies have done, and better than Deathly Hallows 2), but it’s a considerably bigger fall than Avengers, The Hunger Games and Dark Knight had. The question will be whether the generally excellent word of mouth will allow the film to make up lost ground over the next several weeks.

Nope. LA Times, NY Times, Variety and other publications have already published weekend estimates while emphasizing that they didn't get the official data from WB and other studios.

Which they got from Nikki since all bo sites didn't report anything except for Nikki.

I don't like Bale as Batman, I love him as Bruce but his Batman doesn't really work for me. It's too forced.

And that's the overall difference. Keaton played the duel personalities better to me. And His Batman voice didn't need to be altered like Bale, he naturally switched the voices up better. Bale was the better Wayne, I will give him that. But Keaton was the better Wayne/Batman together which is the point of the character.

I've always maintained that Bale is the perfect Bruce Wayne/Batman. I don't understand how anyone could prefer Keaton.

Really? They are both great. I might prefer Bale (his pformance is also very appropriate in the world Nolan created) but Keaton was awesome as well.