Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Glad you go could go. It had to be so hard.

My one sister took it really hard. Was crying most of the time. It was great to see so many people there though. The community here is definitely extremely strong which I think is what's most important right now.

The Shooting has changed EVERYTHING. What would you say if we saw Sun > Sat, and a Mon at like $30m? Not saying we will, on any of those, but wouldn't that alter your "no more" stance?

Sunday might be bigger than Saturday, but we won't see a $30M Monday. Something like that would only happen if all the Saturday and Sunday shows were sold out, and Monday tickets were the only ones available. That's not the case here.I expect Monday to be under TDK's Monday, partially due to more people than ever waiting for discount Tuesdays these days. And along those lines, TDKR won't drop on Tuesday like TDK did. I think it might go up on Tuesday.

Sunday might be bigger than Saturday, but we won't see a $30M Monday. Something like that would only happen if all the Saturday and Sunday shows were sold out, and Monday tickets were the only ones available. That's not the case here.I expect Monday to be under TDK's Monday, partially due to more people than ever waiting for discount Tuesdays these days. And along those lines, TDKR won't drop on Tuesday like TDK did. I think it might go up on Tuesday.

Think you missed my point.There are no definites yet. This is unprecedented and we will have to see how it plays out. You even missed my caveat apparently where I distinctly qualified "not saying we will".It was a what if question, to a poster speaking in absolutes.

I wish this forum have a "I don't Like This" button.

So do I. :)But hey, do we need to have a "IMO" after every single post? You inexplicably like Keaton as Batman, while I couldn't think of a worse choice for the role (and still can't). Nothing either of us says will convince the other, so accept. And in the end, does it matter? Between Keaton and Bale, we both got the actors we felt could best portray the role.Edited punctuation. Edited by doctoru2

Trilogy hasn't had a single normal run.BB - drastically hurt by B&R and worst marketing ever for Bat franchise.TDK - Ledger effect.TDKR - shooting at midnight.

If you think about it, all of the Batman movies except Batman Forever have had some kind of controvery associated with their release:Batman 89: Fatal shooting on opening weekend over last bag of popcornBatman Returns: Parental Happy Meal backlashBatman & Robin: Just a terrible movieBB: Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch (though that probably hurt WotW more than BB) and Katie Holmes' miscastingTDK: Ledger

BB: Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch (though that probably hurt WotW more than BB) and Katie Holmes' miscasting

Not to detract from your point, but how was Holmes miscast? I thought she was just right for the role. I liked her a lot more than Maggie Gyllenhall.
  • Like 1

Watching BB on F/X. Didn't think about this Ra's line while watching TDKR:"If someone gets in the way of justice, simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart."

haha awesome, wonder what else is waiting to be connected

Bale>>>>Keaton. Only nostalgia would make people say otherwise.

Nonsense. Keaton's performance is more impressive than Bale's precisely because he wasn't the perfect physical image of Batman everyone had in their heads. He had to rely on pure acting ability and he nailed it. His Batman is scary and intimidating, and his delivery of "I'm Batman" in the first film has never been bettered.
  • Like 3

No it wouldn't. The Lost World: Jurassic Park increased 6.7% on the Sunday before Memorial Day on its OW.

That was in an entirely different era of BO, so that doesn't really count.