Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

How could they come from behind the screen?

That's why I said that I don't know if it's even possible.

Metal detectors and X-Ray machines like the airport? I doubt it.

That's the bare minimum. We should DEMAND that. All of us. Not just in America, but in every shopping mall. If this happened in Colorado, now psychopaths now that is possible to pull it off. Unfortunately, we live in the age of fear.

Or be more likely to see it.It can work both ways you realize.

"Hey, there's apparently a new Batman movie out. A few dozen people got shot up during a screening. Sounds awesome. Barb, grab the kids, we're going to the movies!"Yeah, sure... :rolleyes:
  • Like 1

EXCLUSIVE… FRIDAY 3 AM, 5TH UPDATE: Fans waited in long lines for hours despite the sweltering heat and the torrential rains in some parts of North America just to attend one of the 3,700 Thursday midnight show locations for Warner Bros‘ and Legendary Pictures‘ 2D The Dark Knight Rises. Now my sources are tracking this final installment of Chris Nolan’s Batman trilogy to open with a whopping $27+M. “The West Coast is still selling tickets with some theatres adding 3 AM shows,” a Warner Bros exec told me. “This is effing huge!”The Dark Knight Rises’ 2D midnights number shatters the $18.4M midnights generated by 3D Marvel’s The Avengers earlier this summer. With pre-sales of $30M and international grosses from 9 countries totalling $10.4M, that’s already $67.4M worldwide for the mega-pic before it’s even in wide release. Hollywood began emailing me they thought this weekend could generate between $185M-$210M in domestic grosses and possibly set a new weekend record.

But then tragedy struck. Colorado’s mass shooting happened around 12:39 AM today leaving 14 dead and 50 wounded after a lone gunman opened fire in a packed suburban movie theater at the Aurora Town Center where The Dark Knight Rises was showing just after midnight. Now no one in the movie business knows how this terrible event will affect box office today. Despite isolated incidents, nothing on this horrific scale has ever occurred inside film theaters. “Not what you expect to happen when you’re waiting in line to go to the blockbuster film of the summer,” one local TV anchor told viewers.

Moviegoers at first thought the gunshots were part of the film’s action sequences. Police told TV stations the shooting was first reported at 12:39 AM after the gunman “just appeared” from the front of Theater 9. Then police arrived and found the suspect in the rear of the theater. The adult male attired in protective gear had a rifle and two other guns when he was taken into custody, authorities said.

In other parts of the country, first fans lined up for hours ahead of time to seeThe Dark Knight Rises at the midnight screenings at NYC’s AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 Theater. Scalpers had been selling those tickets for $65 and as much as $100 for days prior. At the AMC Uptown in Washington, crowds endured torrential rain and lightning but kept standing in line even when the theater didn’t open its doors on time.

Good morning everyone. I dont have much time before work (walkin dogs rite now) but yes this is horrible horrible news. A few very quick things.1) The show must go on and as tragic as this is its not going to prevent many from going. One theatre is not a microcosm of other theatres states wide.2) This is still a box office forum and numbers should be talked about. We can mourn the dead and cringe over this sad, sad situation but dont stop talking about the numbers.3) All of the reports that have come in overnight will be dealt with. But it will take some time.4). Go 35 mill! Gotta go. Peace everyone.

Peace.

That's the bare minimum. We should DEMAND that. All of us. Not just in America, but in every shopping mall. If this happened in Colorado, now psychopaths now that is possible to pull it off. Unfortunately, we live in the age of fear.

It'll certainly be debated, but it should not be enacted. Society should not move towards police states.

What about the "superman" curse. I'm pretty sure I saw a whole documentary on it. A LOT of bad things happened to people who worked on Superman films/tv shows.

That Superman curse thing was pretty freaky though.The whole documentary was. There have been repeat showings but i don't think i want to watch it again.

Wow. May the deceased rest in peace. I hate people sometimes.

Are any posters on here scared of going to the theatre now?

It's not any more likely that you'll be shot in a theater today than it was yesterday.

As a long time theater goer, my worst fears came true when I heard about the shooting. For years as I would see large crowds at midnight showings, I always had that crazy thought in my mind if someone would ever try and pull something crazy like this. We are all so vulnerable in the theater. This story completely ruined the whole experience of the movie for me and has me concerned about the future of security in the theater. People should not be getting killed watching a movie, that's just insane. I am so sad for all those people in Colorado. The movie was Epic, No better than TDK and on par with BB but satisfying. But I am again very hurt, sad and shocked by people getting killed in the theater. The only theater shooting I ever heard about in my life was reading about Ab Lincoln getting killed in a theater. Again this whole story is terrible. I'm sorry Christopher Nolan and the whole Batman Staff has to have such a terrible tragedy linked to the final film of the franchise. There are some really sick fucks out there. My prayers go out to the victims and the injured.

The ironic and scary thing is that when you were doing crow reporting earlier what you said about police been there caught my attention and I started thinking about that.