Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

There are plenty in this movie that bothered me though that really brought me out of the zone. The two biggest ones for me were:

How did Bruce get back to Gotham, how did he find Selina, why would he waste his time spraying a building with gasoline so that he could lite the batsymbol and how do they find out about Batman's true identity?

Right or wrong, when you start questioning things like this, i just takes you out of the "zone".

Sure, and anything you're out of "the zone" you start nitpicking and questioning further. It happens to all of us when we don't connect with a movie.I'm saying that I don't feel the holes or quasi-explanations are any greater or worse than other moments in the first two movies -- since you liked 'em more, the issues didn't bother you as much.There's no single moment in TDKR that bugs me as much as the Joker convincing Dent to become Two-Face in a 90-second scene.
  • Like 2

And that's why it was put in the film, because it would illicit a reaction like that. But after you think about it for a while, it's beyond absurd.

But in the end, it doesn't matter if it's absurd or not, it catches you in the moment, and it frankly is uplifting. Edited by riczhang

A couple of those things in the slashfilms list bugged me a little. Ultimately though, if I can get past the whole "Why the fudge didnt they just ride the Eagles to Mount Doom in the first place?!" ginormous plot hole from Lord of the Rings, I can get past almost anything.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

HA!!!!!Seems like I am not the only one to question the plot and story to TDKR. Here is a list of 15 things that bothered this guy and I discussed about 10 of these with Noctis. There are obviously massive spoilers in here so if you haven't seen it yet, do not click the link.http://www.slashfilm...k-knight-rises/

Not only was this brilliant but I'll add a 16th comment.

A good 5 to 10 minutes was devoted to conversation that ultimately revolved around Blake convincing Gordon to go on TV to give the people hope. Then it never happens. What was all that about and why?

While I respect those who adore TDKR, I am at a loss as to why they feel this way. Almost everything about TDK was better, barring a few exceptions, such as Batman's voice and best Bale performance. So while I enjoyed TDKR, I just can't see it being better than a 7/10 or B/B- type of movie for me.

• Like 2

Can't agree, I liked the staging there. Alfred was covered in daylight while Bruce was deliberately shrouded in darkness. And actually became darker as the tension rose.

The staging was visually boring. And the reason why I/others are complaining about it is Nolan has proved in the past that he can do so much more with scenes like this. Keep in mind that nitpicks ARE typically very minor issues....but the frustrating part about them for some people is being minor they are so easily avoided and you have to wonder why they weren't.

Not that much and IA 4 dropped over 50 % which is awful for a kids movie

Of course ASM would drop that much. Many of us were saying it would crumble against TDKR. ASM is a superhero movie, it lost IMAX, it had lukewarm to warm WOM, why wouldn't it fall sharply?

As far as their whining goes...are you their parent or their friend?

I don't have kids. I imagine though that if they're at the point of whining to see this movie, they've probably already seen the first two and there would be no point trying to claim that this one is all of a sudden too intense for them.
  • Like 1

Ice Age: Continental Drift $20,416,978 -56%Brave $6,024,987 -46%Moonrise Kingdom $1,831,471 -51%To Rome with Love $1,400,043 -43%Beasts of the Southern Wild $763,443 -3%Marvel's The Avengers $620,411 -56%The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel $416,791 -36%Prometheus $310,395 -68%Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter $184,370 -76%I'll try to keep these on the current page, as this thread is going to go fastBaumer, you can delete my old posts if needed

Edited by Punishment

Of course ASM would drop that much. Many of us were saying it would crumble against TDKR. ASM is a superhero movie, it lost IMAX, it had lukewarm to warm WOM, why wouldn't it fall sharply?

It wasn't exactly unprecedented, either. Hellboy II had the same drop, and that was in its 2nd weekend.
  • Like 1

And these are all issues...but really the first one is the only one of actual plot significance. Bruce was a wanderer for 7 years in Begins, so it isn't implausible for someone like him to get back to the States without identification/money. Sneaking into Gotham is another story, though people were able to make it in from the inside, such as the Special Forces group bringing in supplies. The time thing with the gasoline is admittedly silly just imagining what in God's name is he doing....but of course, it's done for the effect of a cool shot. Nolan is not above that.

No...just no.

You can't just get back to the US without money, a passport, means of travel or contacts. And even if he did get to the US, there is no way to get into the city, it is blocked off, and even if by some miracle he could, how then could he find Selina, Gordon and Blake? Sorry, it's such a weak part of the film that it too is beyond absurd.

• Like 1

Not only was this brilliant but I'll add a 16th comment.

A good 5 to 10 minutes was devoted to conversation that ultimately revolved around Blake convincing Gordon to go on TV to give the people hope. Then it never happens. What was all that about and why?

While I respect those who adore TDKR, I am at a loss as to why they feel this way. Almost everything about TDK was better, barring a few exceptions, such as Batman's voice and best Bale performance.So while I enjoyed TDKR, I just can't see it being better than a 7/10 or B/B- type of movie for me.

Ugh, we should probably take this to another thread but...

It's really like a couple minutes of conversation, but Gordon thought he could rally the people behind him. Blake felt that Bane was staging a farce and would never allow it to happen. Ultimately though, once Bane reveals that Gordon hid the truth about Harvey Dent, that killed that whole plan. No way would the general public rally around Gordon knowing that he was involved with a plot like that.