CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

You don't have to do $2 billion to have a big or non-quiet year.

2016 is going to be a very, very good year for them. if Purge: Anarchy didn't bomb there's no reason to instantly write off Quija 2. Ted 2 aside Universal had AP2 and MTF explode over their predecessors, it's too early to write Neighbors 2 and Ride Along 2 off.

...over a decade ago?

Also it's Ouija, with an O not a Q :P

2 informations :

1. The Sandra Bullock part & his male counterpart are dubbed by Marion Cotillard and her hubby Guillaume Canet in France.

2. And I have finally the confirmation that the Minions WERE created by Pierre Coffin and one of his designers, they did multiple iterations for them, started out as robots in the early concepts and after many tries, they settled down for what we all know now.

So all the know-it-all and their " the minions were conceived by an evil Universal marketing team to pander to gullible little kids" can just suck it.

DEEP.

Facts are stubborn, sorry.

Pierre Coffin does all the voices for the Minions too.

:)

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 4

2 informations :

1. The Sandra Bullock part & his male counterpart are dubbed by Marion Cotillard and her hubby Guillaume Canet in France.

2. And I have finally the confirmation that the Minions WERE created by Pierre Coffin and one of his designers, they did multiple iterations for them, started out as robots in the early concepts and after many tries, they settled down for what we all know now.

So all the know-it-all and their " the minions were conceived by an evil Universal marketing team to pander to gullible little kids" can just suck it.

DEEP.

SUCK IT TELE

tumblr_mq3f6lK4WI1r4sayto1_400.gif

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

2 informations :

DEEP.

Where did you get this?

Where did you get this?

These movies are literally made in the heart of Paris so some french journalists had access to the studio and I saw a detailed interview of Pierre Coffin and the Universal team who told the premise/pitch they brought to Coffin was :

The hero of the story will be the ultimate villain and he will have an army of servants and that s it. No concept of the minions whatsoever.

The minions were all Coffin's and his character's designer work, not some marketing dudes at the Universal lot. 

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

I don't think the Minions are some evil plot to enslave children, but I'm pretty sure cuddliness was a top priority in their design, regardless of whether it was Coffin or Universal who came up with the idea. 

Well cuddliness is a trope of any CGI US animation movie so it s priority at Pixar, DWA too so ...

And the early designs they showed were some kinda of robots, then came the glasses, then the minions started to take shape.

• Like 1

...Despicable Me was a good ways thru production until Universal came along. They are not a marketing product but you can bet that the minions were one of the reasons Universal signed on and allowed them to create Illumination and finish production.

The only chink in the whole "Minions" thing is that the first film and the ride at Universal both heavily hint that the Minions were created by Dr. Nefario, but now they're just these weird creatures who never really procreate much and are immortal or something?

I talked about this with a student last week.

TFK: 

How did the minions as we know them come to be?

COFFIN:

Originally, the minions were drawn as these big troll-like, muscular thugs. We couldn’t go that way because it was unappealing. So we went to little guys in overalls, like humans, but very small. Then, we pitched the idea that maybe they were subterranean creatures, so that’s where the goggles came from, but we kept the overalls. They became these sort of extraterrestrial frog-like characters. We realized those guys were pretty ugly, too, so the designer came up with their basic pill-shape.

Also, in the initial Despicable Me, there were only a couple of scenes with the minions. When we saw the first animation test, I remember saying, ‘Oh man, these guys are awesome. They’re very expressive and funny. We’ve got to find more places for them in the movie.’ Around then, Steve Carell [who plays Gru] came up with the idea of naming all of them.

http://www.timeforkids.com/news/minion-madness/235196