CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

secret life of pets can be a surprise for universal next summer.It Is illumination's first original animated in summer since despicable me series.The first trailer looks great,kids will love it

I totally agree :)

LOL. Is this suddenly a "Minions" hate-bandwagon, here? :D Poor you, haters.

It's not Twilight or a Transformers kind of franchise, guys.

:angry:

And why exactly does Transformers deserve hate?

Plus being realistic about Minions box office potential is not being a hater and I'm actually a fan of the two DM movies

Oh boy. Is this "TASM2" all over again? Critics-wise?

Shrek the Third.

Both are the third installment in their franchise.

Both have steep drop-offs in terms of critics. 

Both will have huge OWs ($120 million+ OW) 

Both will have a 2.6x  :P (less than $400 million DOM) 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 6

Shrek the Third.

Both are the third installment in their franchise.

Both have steep drop-offs in terms of critics. 

Both will have huge OWs 

Both will have a 2.6x  :P

True. But this is more of a spinoff. And also a prequel. So that might be expected, maybe. :huh:

But the actual DM3 (which will get released 2 years from now) is more of a direct sequel to DM2, so the charm from Gru and the girls will be there for that movie. And it could be the better movie. :)

Do you want DM3 to be the better movie than what Minions ended up with?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

True. But this is more of a spinoff. And also a prequel. So that might be expected, maybe. :huh:

But the actual DM3 (which will get released 2 years from now) is more of a direct sequel to DM2, so the charm from Gru and the girls will be there for that movie. And it could be the better movie. :)

Do you want DM3 to be the better movie than what Minions ended up with?

I think Minions being mediocre and the heavy family competition for summer 2017 (GotG2, Star Wars Episode VIII, Toy Story 4) will hurt DM2. This will perform like DM3. while DM3 will perform like DM4. 

I'm thinking $280-300 million for DM3 unless Minions does $400-450 million DOM. Then $310-330 million DOM. 

Critics....on a kids movie. Lol

Well, The Lorax is the only kids film in the top 25 that was liked by audiences and disliked by critics. So yeah, I would say that critics are spot on about kids films as well.

Is it funny that people who antagonizes critics are always projecting their mentality on GA?

Saying that X audience doesn't care about critics is the same thing as saying that audiences doesn't care about quality.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

Well, The Lorax is the only kids film in the top 25 that was liked by audiences and disliked by critics. So yeah, I would say that critics are spot on about kids films as well.

Is it funny that people who antagonizes critics are always projecting their mentality on GA?

Saying that X audience doesn't care about critics is the same thing as thing that the audience doesn't care about quality.

Agreed. Most of the time, audiences/critics agree. JW, IO, Avengers 2, Furious 7, Mad Max, PP2, SpongeBob 2, Kingsman, American Sniper, Paddington, Cinderella... all Fresh with critics and GA. Yes, there's outliers, but they generally agree aside from stuff like Michael Bay, Tyler Perry, Adam Sandler, etc. 

• Like 1

Watched this movie and its hilarious and stunning, but it lacks depth.

Anyway, since movie is a spin-off, which would hit $1b OS, DM3 will repeat that trend and will gross over $1.5b and surpasses Avengers.

• Like 1

Watched this movie and its hilarious and stunning, but it lacks depth.

Anyway, since movie is a spin-off, which would hit $1b OS, DM3 will repeat that trend and will gross over $1.5b and surpasses Avengers.

Do you think the movie can surpras 700 overseas? 

I was thinking maybe 300-350 domestic and 700 overseas (with China)

Not sure if it can go above - would love it though!

Well I am dissapointed.

I was expecting this to be more gut-busting hilarious but instead I got bored. My audience was also very silence about the movie, except for a few hilarious bits here and there.

I am lowering my OW prediction to 145m.

Edited by Boxx93