CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

DM2 finished with $602 million overseas. The fact that Minions is outpacing it by 30+ % with a worse exchange rate is a very, very good sign.

Though the release date of China hasnt settled,

100% is a walk in the park.200% is very possible.minions may break the animated record in China.$100m is very possible.600-700m is optimistic.

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/18767-top-animated-movies-in-chinaupdated-on-june-2nd-2015/

Edited by bangbingchan

I'm not surprised it opens big in Indonesia. Minions is at all time high in terms of popularity. The school holiday will ensure it to have a better leg than usual.

Anyway, I just watched it in Australia. Most of the audience in my sessions were young adults, I almost didn't see any kids. This movie definitely appeals to more than kids.

Can't say that I like the movie, I like DM2 more than this. It's a bit boring, I was hoping Scarlet's appearance would make it more interesting, but unfortunately she isn't that funny. Kids probably won't care much about it though. Oh, there is an after-credits scene as well.

Gru's cameo is great. I like how they show that Gru is a nice and fun boss that cares about his minions.

Bob saying "terima kasih" will surely be the most favourite scene among Indonesians.

I'm not surprised it opens big in Indonesia. Minions is at all time high in terms of popularity. The school holiday will ensure it to have a better leg than usual.

Anyway, I just watched it in Australia. Most of the audience in my sessions were young adults, I almost didn't see any kids. This movie definitely appeals to more than kids.

Can't say that I like the movie, I like DM2 more than this. It's a bit boring, I was hoping Scarlet's appearance would make it more interesting, but unfortunately she isn't that funny. Kids probably won't care much about it though. Oh, there is an after-credits scene as well.

Gru's cameo is great. I like how they show that Gru is a nice and fun boss that cares about his minions.

Bob saying "terima kasih" will surely be the most favourite scene among Indonesians.

Does the film mention how they met Gru or are they saving that for a sequel?

Illumination to me does seem to put gags over story and character which is true with studios like Blue Sky, SPA and to an extent DWA.

Does the film mention how they met Gru or are they saving that for a sequel?

Illumination to me does seem to put gags over story and character which is true with studios like Blue Sky, SPA and to an extent DWA.

Yes, child Gru appears at the end and they meet for the first time.

100m OW is locked to me now. IO proves families are coming out, and the Minions have adult appeal like Pixar. The "IO will hurt it" claims are bogus to me. Theyre 3 weeks apart, and Minions is something many people have been waiting for. Theres a fanbase. I doubt theyre just going to drop plans to see it just because they saw IO instead.

As for who comes out on top, well its fonna be interesting now, but as far as opening weekend, I think Minions will take it. I dont see how it doesnt do 100+ at this point.

• Like 1

Surprised I didn't get the trailer at Inside Out

We did.

The middle aged woman next to me was almost hysterical in laughter.

In fact all the trailers have gotten great reactions every time I've seen them.

We did.

The middle aged woman next to me was almost hysterical in laughter.

In fact all the trailers have gotten great reactions every time I've seen them.

Minions trailers have gotten some of the best reactions I have ever seen.

Yahoo Movies weirdly enough posted an early review stating that the film has a great opening, but a heartless, draggy last two-thirds that is only livened up by antics here and there. Illumination delivering a movie that gets worse story-wise as it goes along? Shocker.

Anyways I just had one of the MOST boring audiences ever at IO, Minions was the only trailer that got them perked up out of the ten they chose. (aside from a middle-aged mom who aww'd at Peanuts) This will make so much bank on OW, but I'm very unsure on how leggy it'll be. Seems like a movie parents would rather wait to get on DVD than actually take their kids back to see.

I do think Illumination's drive to make each film cost effective does have an effect on the story because any issues can't be solved since it's already locked. They've been lucky each film has been successful but I do think it's made them complacent.

It's kind of strange since you'd think they'd use the 7-month delay on this movie to fix story issues but nope... who cares? It's cute, silly and will make Universal lots of money.

This is why I'm super glad IO is going to have a terrific OW. Because at least people are proving to equally enjoy animation with passion and hard work that shows along with the silly stuff that can't even try to muster up a good story.

Sigh, I hope Illumination finds their own Dragon or KFP someday... someday...