baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

Caveat to my 435-450 range: If there is a major copycat movie theater shooting that could really hurt the box office in general though. And the media is just frothing at the mouth for one. Vultures.

• Like 1

Caveat to my 435-450 range: If there is a major copycat movie theater shooting that could really hurt the box office in general though. And the media is just frothing at the mouth for one. Vultures.

Oh that would devastate TDKR at the box office. I seriously doubt that happens though. God I hope not anyways.

If that happens, then say hello to TSA at the theaters. Total lockdown mode. At that point people will lose interest in going to the theater altogether because not only are you dealing with screaming children and text messaging out the wazoo, now you're dealing with the same awful security crap that you put up with at the airport. Who needs that with 50 inch TV's and Blu-ray in the comfort of your own home?
  • Like 1

Meh, the Olympics will keep them occupied. And then Romney will announce his VP pick and the news cycle will go back to the way it was.

No, if another theater shooting happens there will be a complete meltdown by the media. Even worse than what we've seen over the last week. Politicians will get involved with enacting laws to "protect" us at the movie theaters.

If that happens, then say hello to TSA at the theaters. Total lockdown mode. At that point people will lose interest in going to the theater altogether because not only are you dealing with screaming children and text messaging out the wazoo, now you're dealing with the same awful security crap that you put up with at the airport. Who needs that with 50 inch TV's and Blu-ray in the comfort of your own home?

Not to mention serious concern over your own safety. I mean one incident like that in decades of movie-going is one thing. But two back to back like that would truly make people fearful of going to the movies. Especially the family audience. You could kiss that audience goodbye. Edited by MovieMan89

That's a very glass is half full way of looking at it. :P

That's the way I've looked at it all along. Keep in mind I was predicting 425 for it a month ago, and that was assuming perfect market conditions. I increased that to 450ish a week or two before the film came out, and I'm confident without the shooting that it would have reached that number. It still might, but it will be difficult.

Watching end of TDK right now. Way fucking better than that shitty ass Olympics ceremony. Turned it off within 10 minutes. I was browsing a college football forum that I visit and they were absolutely trashing the ceremony, calling it the worst ever. Definitely sounds like a flop compared to Beijing.

Watching end of TDK right now. Way fucking better than that shitty ass Olympics ceremony. Turned it off within 10 minutes. I was browsing a college football forum that I visit and they were absolutely trashing the ceremony, calling it the worst ever. Definitely sounds like a flop compared to Beijing.

Well, Noctis would enjoy the 100 ft tall Voldy at least. Complete with Elder Wand that actually shoots sparks! :P:lol:

This was supposed to be the year of the 3 600m dom movies.

This was supposed to be the year with no 600M movies.Avengers came as a pleasant surprise.TDKR and TH1 weren't going to come close........