baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

What a shame this all is, what a shame. Cynics, doubters, and haters are all gleefully gloating and making proclamations that TDKR won't even reach 400M domestic now and won't pass Hunger Games domestically ... what a shame that people are having such meltdowns :sadno:.

Harry Potter was the most incredible franchise ever.

Fact.

8 films in ten years and billions of dollars of box office.

Warner was sitting on a mine of gold.

Now, Warner re discovers the difficulties of their business without the Potter magic.

Think again. Warners has been historically quite a successful studio, in modern times as well. Look at the all-time biggest grosses adjusted for inflation. There are plenty of WB films on that list that are not Potter films.
  • Like 1

What a shame this all is, what a shame. Cynics, doubters, and haters are all gleefully gloating and making proclamations that TDKR won't even reach 400M domestic now and won't pass Hunger Games domestically ... what a shame that people are having such meltdowns :sadno:.Think again. Warners has been historically quite a successful studio, in modern times as well. Look at the all-time biggest grosses adjusted for inflation. There are plenty of WB films on that list that are not Potter films.

It might be a little hyperbolic to say that WB is in trouble without Potter, but combine the fact that they've now lost Potter and Batman within a year and they could certainly find themselves struggling harder than they have in at least a decade as far as big blockbusters go. They'll be alright, but losing their two biggest franchises (and two of the most successful ever) will hurt them no doubt.

It might be a little hyperbolic to say that WB is in trouble without Potter, but combine the fact that they've now lost Potter and Batman within a year and they could certainly find themselves struggling harder than they have in at least a decade as far as big blockbusters go. They'll be alright, but losing their two biggest franchises (and two of the most successful ever) will hurt them no doubt.

They are definitely a bit worried for their tentpoles, that's why they keep adding one more Hobbit movie..... guaranteed 1 Billion dollars each until they find the next one (or reboot Batman. :P)

Who is RTH btw?I'm new here, how does he have an inside scoop?

I asked that question in the "Favorite Posters" thread. Still don't know the full story. (But I think the mystery adds to his powers, at least for me.) But I can tell you this... when he speaks... just listen.

Batman reboot will happen within 3-4 years. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it shows up in 2015. They are supposedly already working on it.

I'd be shocked with 2015 though..... earliest should be 2016...... 2015 only if it is a JL movie.

Batman reboot will happen within 3-4 years. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it shows up in 2015. They are supposedly already working on it.

At this point they are better off with a Superman Batman movie.

I hope not. I want something different, not a watered down version of the Nolanverse. Give us Brad Bird as director and Bruce Timm/Paul Dini as producers.

Jonathan nolan wrote th chracters of Joker and catwoman himself according to his brother! He has already directed the tv show person of interest to become the number 1 show on tv Edited by Hasan Ahmad