baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

Bourne is a violent movie featuring lots if guns, gunfire. Not the kind of film you would want to watch in the aftermath of a horrible shooting massacre.

I would venture to say Bourne is no more violent than TDKR. Sure it has some guns, but I don't think there will be too much of a negative impact Edited by MrPink

Probably, but likely just because of its ridiculous pricetag. Like I said, I see no reason it can't at least open to $35m. To be a success though it would need a good $50-60m+ OW which isn't happening.

I am literally saying Total Recall will be another Battleship in numbers. 25M OW/65M DOM total. Edited by CJohn

THR http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dark-knight-watch-step-up-box-office-shooting-355515

TDKR 19 million

The Watch 5-6 million

Early estimates show Dark Knight Rises, from Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures, grossing in the $19 million range on Friday for a second weekend gross of $62 million to $64 million, down from the $75.2 million earned by The Dark Knight in its second weekend of play at the domestic box office.

The Watch, performing on the softer side considering its star power, is looking to gross $5 million to $6 million on Friday for a weekend debut of $15 million to $17 million. The pic stars Stiller and Vaughn opposite Jonah Hill and Richard Ayoade.

Step Up 4 is likewise on track to earn $5 million to $6 million on Friday, give or take, for a weekend gross in the $15 million to $16 million range. Summit has taken over the franchise from Disney, which released the previous three films in the series (the last film opened to $15.8 million).

Total Recall will be another Battleship.

It will be worse. Similarities with Conan are uncanny. Honestly, who needs this remake when the original, starring Schwarzenegger is considered classic?

THR http://www.hollywood...shooting-355515

TDKR 19 million

The Watch 5-6 million

Early estimates show Dark Knight Rises, from Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures, grossing in the $19 million range on Friday for a second weekend gross of $62 million to $64 million, down from the $75.2 million earned by The Dark Knight in its second weekend of play at the domestic box office.

The Watch, performing on the softer side considering its star power, is looking to gross $5 million to $6 million on Friday for a weekend debut of $15 million to $17 million. The pic stars Stiller and Vaughn opposite Jonah Hill and Richard Ayoade.

Step Up 4 is likewise on track to earn $5 million to $6 million on Friday, give or take, for a weekend gross in the $15 million to $16 million range. Summit has taken over the franchise from Disney, which released the previous three films in the series (the last film opened to $15.8 million).

So 19-20m looks to be the range.

THR http://www.hollywood...shooting-355515

TDKR 19 million

The Watch 5-6 million

Step Up will never stop :blink: OS will be massive again.

I agree. Step Up has the most impressive numbers. 15 million opening for a 4th edition with no stars and small budget is pretty good.

Summit was smart to take on the franchise. It will never stop and it can be made for almost nothing.