baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

• Founder / Operator

That the shooter was a Nolanite who was mad at the critics on Rotten Tomatoes. He said it right after the shooting was first reported. I will be fair to him and say that Red Devil said something just as bad, that the shooter was a Marvel or Avengers fan trying to scare people away from watching the Batman movie. Red Devil was only suspended for a week I think, yet BKB was suspended for 6 months. That's wrong IMHO. If they're guilty of the same thing, then they deserve the same suspension. I think they both should have been banned for a month.

This is incorrect. BKB was banned for a combination of reasons and had already been banned once before. No one is ever banned over one single comment unless its something excessively exceptional (which BKB's was not). Were it not for his history and previous warnings, we probably would have given BKB a similar short suspension.
  • Like 1

That the shooter was a Nolanite who was mad at the critics on Rotten Tomatoes. He said it right after the shooting was first reported. I will be fair to him and say that Red Devil said something just as bad, that the shooter was a Marvel or Avengers fan trying to scare people away from watching the Batman movie. Red Devil was only suspended for a week I think, yet BKB was suspended for 6 months. That's wrong IMHO. If they're guilty of the same thing, then they deserve the same suspension. I think they both should have been banned for a month.

That's all he said? I'm sorry but who is that comment really offending? It's not like he said anything bad at all, or is that just me? I've seen much more offensive comments posted from a number of people on here, me included in all honesty.

• Founder / Operator

That's all he said? I'm sorry but who is that comment really offending? It's not like he said anything bad at all, or is that just me? I've seen much more offensive comments posted from a number of people on here, me included in all honesty.

Read my post above, you're being fed bad information.When it comes to bans, we (the staff) operate on a three-strike rule within a given amount of time. BKB had been banned for 3 months already earlier this year, on top of numerous warnings and several other suspensions/topic bans. His history was against him. Had he not been banned once before so recently, he certainly wouldn't have been banned for 6 months.

Read my post above, you're being fed bad information.When it comes to bans, we (the staff) operate on a three-strike rule within a given amount of time. BKB had been banned for 3 months already earlier this year, on top of numerous warnings and several other suspensions/topic bans. His history was against him. Had he not been banned once before so recently, he certainly wouldn't have been banned for 6 months.

Yeah I saw your post after I had already commented. That makes more sense.

I have a feeling that by talking about BKB this is exactly what he wants because he thrives on the attention. He's gone until January and let's treat it that way by not acknowledging him until then.

There really should be an enforcement against using bold font in posts.Many other websites explicitly state that the use of bold font or all caps is a violation and annoying in general.If he's allowed to return, he should be forced to post strictly in regular font

• Like 2

There really should be an enforcement against using bold font in posts.Many other websites explicitly state that the use of bold font or all caps is a violation and annoying in general.If he's allowed to return, he should be forced to post strictly in regular font

but that's his trademark. lol

1 incident can change so many things. How were numbers after 9/11? I can only imagine they were worse.

That's the thing. The movies are supposed to be an escape from real life shit like 9/11. And now it's the exact opposite with some people worried about getting hurt in the theater.

Or maybe WOM has kicked in and it's just not that good a movie. Maybe the over long film, the lack of the Joker, no controversial death of one of its high profile cast members, no performance of a lifetime from one of its cast members, the fact that its depressing, makes no sense in some parts, has everyone talking like they are a hybrid of Freud and Socrates, boring in some parts, has an inaudible villain at times, has Alfred crying every other scene and just lacks all the charm and fun of the first two Nolan Batman films, these could be the reasons it is not doing well. Call me crazy, I know.

Go on Twitter sometime and get back to me about the supposed mixed/negative WOM...

I don't get why some of BKB's innocuous antics like posting in bold bug some of you guys so much. Some of you react to him like he is a mad scientist working in a lab with you and he just created a panacea for all the worlds ills, then erased the formula from his files, dumped it down the toilet and is now bragging about it to all of you. You make him out to be a monster when he really for the most part is a guy who doesn't like LOTR and Nolan. You have made him more than he really is.

• Like 2

I don't get why some of BKB's innocuous antics like posting in bold bug some of you guys so much. Some of you react to him like he is a mad scientist working in a lab with you and he just created a panacea for all the worlds ills, then erased the formula from his files, dumped it down the toilet and is now bragging about it to all of you. You make him out to be a monster when he really for the most part is a guy who doesn't like LOTR and Nolan. You have made him more than he really is.

Who finds him posting in bold annoying? It makes him easy to ignore. Edited by lab276
  • Like 1