baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

Movie starting. It's 7 of us here. 5 kids. Theater is packed. People sitting on the steps lolBut this is NYC...3rd time watching this.

Yeah tonight's screening (and last night's my manager pal tells me) had a healthy amount in attendance. Huge increase from last Saturday.

Perhaps but it's nothing like a Ratner film. At all. I'm not sure how one could write it off as Ratneresque, even if they don't like it.

It seems like fits the description right when it comes to Ratneresque, whatever that means. It's a film that looks like it is fitting with the other films of the franchise (Red Dragon, X-Men 3) but it's just... not there. Nolan is a brand at this point, hell people are forgiving Snyder's Sucker Punch - which I truly think it wasn't that bad - just because Nolan's name is attached to that film. Nolan has a quite huge following, and I am part of that. I just think that this time, he failed. And failed hard. And there are bad things that are blesses in disguise, I bet that the next Batman reboot will make we not miss Nolan at all, while films like The Prestige from Nolan are waiting to happen around the corner. Everything will be fine soon.

It seems like fits the description right when it comes to Ratneresque, whatever that means. It's a film that looks like it is fitting with the other films of the franchise (Red Dragon, X-Men 3) but it's just... not there. Nolan is a brand at this point, hell people are forgiving Snyder's Sucker Punch - which I truly think it wasn't that bad - just because Nolan's name is attached to that film. Nolan has a quite huge following, and I am part of that. I just think that this time, he failed. And failed hard. And there are bad things that are blesses in disguise, I bet that the next Batman reboot will make we not miss Nolan at all, while films like The Prestige from Nolan are waiting to happen around the corner. Everything will be fine soon.

Posted Image
  • Like 1

Did he just say people are forgiving of Sucker Punch? You have to actually give a shit or even remember Sucker Punch to actually forgive it.

Edited by DAR
  • Like 1

Nolan's name isn't attached to Sucker Punch. Not sure where you came up with that one.

I hated Sucker Punch last year and I still hate it now. Was meh on 300 since its release, and Watchmen was mediocre to ok at best, none of its strengths which can be attributed to Zack Snyder.I'm also still pretty skeptical of Man of Steel, even if Nolan is attached to it. I consider myself a Nolanite, but a producing capacity doesn't necessarily mean anything and it doesn't mean that Nolan's pitch is a good fit for Superman, even though I strongly enjoy all the Nolan Batman films. I will admit the Comic Con trailer had me pretty excited, but the teaser did absolutely nothing for me.

Did he just say people are forgiving of Sucker Punch? You have to actually give a shit or even remember Sucker Punch to actually forgive it.

No, I said people are forgiving SNYDER for Sucker Punch when it comes to Man of Steel. Hell, people are forgiving Watchmen as well, because while it's a film that I fucking love - especially the Director's cut, the film actually never was released in any theater around me so I actually never seen the theatrical cut - a lot of people despises that film. And all that because of Nolan. He is a trademark in Hollywood right now. If anything that TDKR proves, it's that he is human and capable of committing mistakes.

I hated Sucker Punch last year and I still hate it now. Was meh on 300 since its release, and Watchmen was mediocre to ok at best, none of its strengths which can be attributed to Zack Snyder.I'm also still pretty skeptical of Man of Steel, even if Nolan is attached to it. I consider myself a Nolanite, but a producing capacity doesn't necessarily mean anything and it doesn't mean that Nolan's pitch is a good fit for Superman, even though I strongly enjoy all the Nolan Batman films. I will admit the Comic Con trailer had me pretty excited, but the teaser did absolutely nothing for me.

Teaser sucked King Kong's dong. WB should have released the Comic Con trailer instead. That property needs every bit of good buzz they can create, and all they did was alienate the fanbase by releasing a shit teaser after showing a much better trailer at the convention.

Nolan's name isn't attached to Sucker Punch. Not sure where you came up with that one.

Read it again, maybe the fact that I didn't mention MoS on my post makes it confusing, but I thought it was obvious about what I'm talking about. BTW, except for that Owls animation, I'm a big sucker for anything that Snyder has done so far, and Man of Steel is the film I'm looking forward the most next year, together with Iron Man 3.

Teaser sucked King Kong's dong. WB should have released the Comic Con trailer instead. That property needs every bit of good buzz they can create, and all they did was alienate the fanbase by releasing a shit teaser after showing a much better trailer at the convention.

Yeah, it got off on the wrong foot with the general public. I hope WB will release the Comic Con trailer somewhere, whether it be included with TDKR Blu-Ray or something. Trailer deserves to be seen from a direct feed.Also, Snyder's best film is Dawn of the Dead. Come at me, Bros. Edited by MrPink

Even with the theatrical teaser not looking as good as the Comic-Con one, I'm still pumped as fuck for that film, and two times more for the prospect of a DC Movieverse.

I haven't seen anyone giving Snyder a pass for his mistakes just because he's associated with Nolan on Man of Steel. If anything I've seen people hoping that Nolan puts him on a leash and keeps him from doing all his stupid little tricks (slow-mo out the ass, too much CGI, overstylized cinematography, etc.). There's a lot of mixed buzz around the film, so we'll see how it goes. I liked what I saw in the Comic Con trailer, but of course it's just a trailer.

Yeah, it got off on the wrong foot with the general public. I hope WB will release the Comic Con trailer somewhere, whether it be included with TDKR Blu-Ray or something. Trailer deserves to be seen from a direct feed.Also, Snyder's best film is Dawn of the Dead. Come at me, Bros.

Snyder's favorite films by iJack:1. Watchmen2. Sucker Punch (yeah yeah, I know. But what can I do? I fucking love it. I think more people might come around to that film down the road)3. Dawn of the Dead4. 300 (The opposite side of Sucker Punch IMO, terribly overrated)5. Owl's animation film that I can't even bother myself to look up the nameAnd count me in as one of Snyder's cheerleaders for MoS.

Snyder's favorite films by iJack:1. Watchmen2. Sucker Punch (yeah yeah, I know. But what can I do? I fucking love it. I think more people might come around to that film down the road)3. Dawn of the Dead4. 300 (The opposite side of Sucker Punch IMO, terribly overrated)5. Owl's animation film that I can't even bother myself to look up the nameAnd count me in as one of Snyder's cheerleaders for MoS.

I'll go...1) Dawn of the Dead2) Watchmen3) 3004) Sucker PunchHaven't seen Legend of the Guardians