baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

Thanks rallax.....So 44% jump for FRI would mean 26m and 43% drop from last Saturday will mean 25.6m.....Pretty much in Rth's range.....So 25M+ Saturday coming for sure.....

Hopefully. Rallax's theater indicated $19m for Friday, so obviously difficult to extrapolate. $25m Saturday would be a great result after the BS last night. :lol:

Sucker Punch has more substance than Inception? Most idiotic thing I've read all week.

I have a theory that people don't understand what Sucker Punch was aiming for. It plays with sexist imagery and turns that against it. It touched more than Inception ever did, and I find more layers on that film than I ever did in Cobb's dreams. I think it's a little not understanded gem of cinema. It's just ahead of its time in my opinion. There aren't easy answers on that film, and I feel that people that need too much exposition on their films would hate that films guts, but I actually think that just like Shutter Island, it plays with similar elements that both Shutter Island and Inception played through a very original and experimental film. I enjoyed a lot. Shutter Island is the better film between the three though.

1. The Dark Knight Rises (Legendary/Warner Bros) Week 2 [4,404 Runs] PG13

Friday $18.0M, Saturday $25.6M, Weekend $65.0M (-59%), Cume $290.0M

2. The Watch (Fox) NEW 3,168 Runs) R

Friday $4.5M, Saturday $4.9M, Weekend $13.3M

3. Ice Age 4 3D (Fox) Week 3 [3,869 Runs) PG

Friday $4.1M, Saturday $5.2M, Weekend $13.2M, Cume $114.8M

4. Step Up Revolution 3D (Summit/Lionsgate) NEW [2,567 Runs) PG13

Friday $5.0M, Saturday 3.9M, Weekend $11.8M

5. Ted (Universal) Week 5 [3,129 Runs) R

Friday $2.1M, Saturday $3.0M, Weekend $7.4M, Cume $193.7M

6. The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Col/Sony) Week 4 [3,160 Run]

Friday $1.8M, Saturday $2.9M, Weekend $7.0M, Cume $242.2M

‘Dark Knight Rises’ Nearing $500M Global And Starting To Break Records; ‘The Watch’ And ‘Step Up Revolution’ Stall

I have a theory that people don't understand what Sucker Punch was aiming for. It plays with sexist imagery and turns that against it. It touched more than Inception ever did, and I find more layers on that film than I ever did in Cobb's dreams. I think it's a little not understanded gem of cinema. It's just ahead of its time in my opinion. There aren't easy answers on that film, and I feel that people that need too much exposition on their films would hate that films guts, but I actually think that just like Shutter Island, it plays with similar elements that both Shutter Island and Inception played through a very original and experimental film. I enjoyed a lot. Shutter Island is the better film between the three though.

Sucker Punch is looking a bit unorganized for me, I try to understand and figure out after finishing the movie. I wonder is Zack Snyder given enough time to review his script. Well, many people in my places here ended up not understanding what is being presented.

This means that the Drama Queen expects a 15+% drops on Sunday. Hope it happens.

I am estimating a 20% drops to around 20mil SUN, weekend = 63mil, that's still good.

Sucker Punch is looking a bit unorganized for me, I try to understand and figure out after finishing the movie. I wonder is Zack Snyder given enough time to review his script. Well, many people in my places here ended up not understanding what is being presented.

I think the script it's the film's strongest asset. For me to not even bother that Vanessa Hudgens plays a part and actually *gasp* enjoy her here it's an impressive feat. I think people with time will discover this film. And I'm dead serious about this. I do have an awkward movie taste and it isn't a perfect film by any means. But it's quite good. Very powerful message as well.