baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

This weeks numbers should look like...Monday: $9MTuesday: $8MWeds: $5MThurs: $4MHopefully better numbers...

You're not doing Tuesday;s right. The only reason TDKR fell on it's first Tuesday is because it's a massive opener and these kinds of films almost always fall on their first Tuesday. Going by 21 mill for TDKR, it might look more like this:Monday: 9.5 (-55%)Tues: 10.65 (+12%)Wed: 8.75 (-18%)Thur: 9.01 (+0.3%)This is more typical, give or a take a few dollars, of how films perform in the summer.
  • Like 2

You're not doing Tuesday;s right. The only reason TDKR fell on it's first Tuesday is because it's a massive opener and these kinds of films almost always fall on their first Tuesday. Going by 21 mill for TDKR, it might look more like this:Monday: 9.5 (-55%)Tues: 10.65 (+12%)Wed: 8.75 (-18%)Thur: 9.01 (+0.3%)This is more typical, give or a take a few dollars, of how films perform in the summer.

I am also predicting 10+ for Tuesday, if it can go to 11, much better. giving away Wed drop a bit steeper to just 8milThat's a good prediction reference =)

IMAX tends to prevent the drastic drops and increases that we see with regular films. There is no Discount Tuesday for IMAX after all. So I think it will probably drop each day of the week, but it certainly won't drop 37.5% on Wednesday or 20% on Thursday like he predicted. I expect around -55% Monday, then around -5% Tuesday, around -20% Wednesday, and around -5% Thursday. So around $32.5m for the dailies. That would be around $4m ahead of Pirates 2, which gives it even more cushion in Gopher's tracking for $450m.

Look at TDKR like this:DH2 made 71% of its total by the end of week 2. It is one of the most frontloaded series in the history of cinema. If TDKR were to make 71% of it's total after this weekend, that means it would end with 407 mill. It's not going to be like dH2. So 410 is locked, it should finish between 440-460.

• Like 6

IMAX tends to prevent the drastic drops and increases that we see with regular films. There is no Discount Tuesday for IMAX after all. So I think it will probably drop each day of the week, but it certainly won't drop 37.5% on Wednesday or 20% on Thursday like he predicted. I expect around -55% Monday, then around -5% Tuesday, around -20% Wednesday, and around -5% Thursday. So around $32.5m for the dailies. That would be around $4m ahead of Pirates 2, which gives it even more cushion in Gopher's tracking for $450m.

Yes, my %'s are probably skewed a bit, but they will be closer than his when you take into consideration he is giving TDKR a drop on Tues.

So about a $37M week? Looks good.

Wow. Asuming your numbers and a 35 million 3rd weekend, that would give us a 362 cume by next Sunday, 41 million more than DMC in the same point (12.7% better). A 12.7% increase over DMC's total is 476, wide better than numbers we had imagined a few days ago

Look at TDKR like this:DH2 made 71% of its total by the end of week 2. It is one of the most frontloaded series in the history of cinema. If TDKR were to make 71% of it's total after this weekend, that means it would end with 407 mill. It's not going to be like dH2. So 410 is locked, it should finish between 440-460.

Agreed. I'm also tracking it against SM3 adjusted ($174m weekend, $387m total) and TDKR keeps gaining on SM3 despite TDKR having a $13m disadvantage on opening weekend. Based on some numbers I ran through next weekend ($30m dailies, $34m weekend), it feels like it's creeping up on "lock" for $425m.

Wow. Asuming your numbers and a 35 million 3rd weekend, that would give us a 362 cume by next Sunday, 41 million more than DMC in the same point (12.7% better). A 12.7% increase over DMC's total is 476, wide better than numbers we had imagined a few days ago

Well, I've been predicting 465 for this since 2011. I have never wavered from that and I'm not about to now.