baumer

Tuesday (7/31/12) Numbers: TDKR 8.775 IA4 2.6 TW 1.8

good number for TDKR! a $35 third weekend is very likely so a $450 finish could result (worst than expected but a good number)

It comes down to this weekend

300 million and still more to go.

If TDKR makes another 13m over the next two days, it will be at 317m after a 92m second week. Which means if it falls 50% from here on it will make 92m more. Or 409m. I would say the absolute worst case scenario for this would be 50% average drops for the rest of its run.

DH2 made 84.5m more after a 70.4m second week. If TDKR only matches that performance it would make 427m.

TDK made 182.2m after a 112.5m second week. If TDKR can do that, it will make 466m.

So there's your final range. 427m-466m. The total is guaranteed to be in between those two marks.

DMC, you ask? Yeah, it made 136.6m after a 90.7m second week. So if TDKR follows its pattern from there...455m. ;)

• Like 5

If TDKR makes another 13m over the next two days, it will be at 317m after a 92m second week. Which means if it falls 50% from here on it will make 92m more. Or 409m. I would say the absolute worst case scenario for this would be 50% average drops for the rest of its run.

DH2 made 84.5m more after a 70.4m second week. If TDKR only matches that performance it would make 427m.

TDK made 182.2m after a 112.5m second week. If TDKR can do that, it will make 466m.

So there's your final range. 427m-466m. The total is guaranteed to be in between those two marks.

DMC, you ask? Yeah, it made 136.6m after a 90.7m second week. So if TDKR follows its pattern from there...455m. ;)

So if it lands smack dab between DH2 and TDK's late legs, it makes $446m. Sounds about right to me. If it does manage that kind of run, how hard will WB push for $450m? We saw them successfully push Superman Returns over $200m when it looked like it would come up $5-10m short.
  • Like 1

So if it lands smack dab between DH2 and TDK's late legs, it makes $446m. Sounds about right to me. If it does manage that kind of run, how hard will WB push for $450m? We saw them successfully push Superman Returns over $200m when it looked like it would come up $5-10m short.

As long as it hits $1b ww, I don't think they'll care if the dom # is under $450m or short of any specific dom #, etc.

As long as it hits $1b ww, I don't think they'll care if the dom # is under $450m or short of any specific dom #, etc.

So explain why they fudged Terminator Salvation to $125m. Didn't really mean anything for the film's profitability, but they still did it. :lol:I think WB's goal (with China) is $1.1 billion worldwide. $440-450m domestic and $650-660m overseas.

So explain why they fudged Terminator Salvation to $125m. Didn't really mean anything for the film's profitability, but they still did it. :lol:I think WB's goal (with China) is $1.1 billion worldwide. $440-450m domestic and $650-660m overseas.

Hahaha, well when they need to save face on clunkers like Terminator Salvation and Superman Returns they'll stretch/fudge it to a somewhat respectable looking #, but when dealing with $400+m Dom and $1b+ WW, they won't really care.