CAYOM Year 4 Discussion

Notepad = success...but now I have to break everything into their original paragraphs. Oh joy.Also, I can't spoiler tag it, because for some reason when I've been using spoiler tags on things recently, only the first paragraph appears.Well let me test:

HelloHello again

EDIT: Spoiler problem fixed!

Edited by The Creator

I don't know. It fixed itself. Sometimes it doesn't work for me when I put things in spoiler tags in the Box Office Alliance forum, but I've never experienced that problem in other forums.Also, to Numbers, when you get the chance please add the page number (page 2) to The Road Home's first date (December 5) so people know what page it's on. Last I checked it wasn't listed with a page number.

Edited by The Creator

I will be adding most of my plots tomorrow. Hopefully will have a shot at something, but either I'll make it too simple (and most people won't like it) or too confusing (and Impact will not enjoy it at all)

Our City and Summer Jobs are done. Suicide King has just a bit on it. Not expecting a huge success this year, though I hope for some Box Office successes. It seems almost all my films have been quite profitable but I haven't had the big totals that some had.

Writing the currently untitled drama/romance movie. It's turning out to be pretty long...do we have a set word limit?

No but do what you can to trim out unnecessary fluff and description in the text.After Knahera: Land of Dreams (way before all of your times except Impact, Electric, and Creator)...no more behemoth plots please.

No but do what you can to trim out unnecessary fluff and description in the text.After Knahera: Land of Dreams (way before all of your times except Impact, Electric, and Creator)...no more behemoth plots please.

Cool I'll try to cut out fluff. How big was that movies plot in word count? What was its fate at the box office lol?

Not really. I think the longest are 10,000 or so.

Shouldn't be over 5,000..possibly less. Edited by darthdevidem01

• Community Manager

After Knahera: Land of Dreams (way before all of your times except Impact, Electric, and Creator)...no more behemoth plots please.

<_<I was there. I remember asking for a word limit after that film but everyone turned me down.

Cool I'll try to cut out fluff. How big was that movies plot in word count? What was its fate at the box office lol?

It was I want to say around 8,000 words. There have been several movies far longer than that (mainly me and Ueka being the guilty parties), but Knahera: Land of Dreams was by the far the most tedious read of any CAYOM film ever. All description and style with no substance. Edited by 4815162342

Well now I'm trying to cap out at 8,000 max and if, like this year, I have a lot of films, I'll shorten some/most of them so that only the ones I really, really like get more detail...like this year's The Road Home.Also, I remember Knahera...it was 14,000 words long. Obliteration was also more than 14,000 words and was at one point 16,500 words before I cut it down. And One Night in Reality was 13,500+ words. Loooong. I was probably the most guilty of this because eventually even my semi-fillers were pushing 3,000 words, and my big films always tended to fall between 8,000 and 12,000 or more. I won't do that anymore, though.

Damn, it was so tedious I blocked out 6,000 words of it!!!!!!!!!!!!Obliteration was fucking long as hell, but it was an exciting read because every couple thousand words another major character would get murderized and I wanted to see if Ueka really would eliminate his entire cast (he came very close).I'm also back to using restraint. Any uber-long film I have from 1.0 that will get used is going to be heavily edited to remove at least 15-20% of the original word count.

• Like 2

Silly question: when's the deadline? I won't be able to start writing any films until Monday.

To answer this, I am going to be out of the country between the evening of August 8th and sometime in the afternoon or evening of August 12th. While I would have internet access to pop in to say hello if needed, I'll be far too occupied to do any work regarding CAYOM. So, not until the end of the following weekend I'd say.